SkyscraperCity banner

101 - 120 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
No one would finance them. They were under capitalised.

Apartment development going forward will mainly be limited to the experienced, well resourced guys.

Non-bank lenders like Wingate, Qualitas, etc won't back the others.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
^ Yep, the second QP tower has worried me for a while. Other than that things turning wouldn't bother me too much. Big developer projects like WSP, MS, Sapphire and anything Cbus does will power ahead, and so much has gone up already that we really have been blessed.

But yeah, no second QP tower would hurt and probably a loss of Crown as well. Everything else from here is a bonus.

I thought I read somewhere that 303 La Trobe was sold out? It still surprises me that a project in that situation would be cancelled if true.
The 2nd Queens Place tower will happen, one way or another. The south tower is the better situated tower.

All 4 towers of West Side Place are proceeding, same for Sapphire and UNO.

Good developments will find a way. But some projects will die such as 383 LaTrobe, Elysium, 38 Freshwater Place.

Note, I tend to believe One Queensbridge will still happen once the Sydney project is completed a few years down the road.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
I'd say QP2 won't launch for some time.
I agree with that.

But, the 2nd Queens Place tower will happen eventually.

Note, Queens Place, by design, from the very start staggered the towers into stage 1 and stage 2. Nothing has changed, nothing is broken.

Guys and gals, stop panicking about Queens Place, let them build stage 1.

·
Proud Victorian!
7,159 Posts
Note, I tend to believe One Queensbridge will still happen once the Sydney project is completed a few years down the road.
Heard from a reliable source as recently as last week that Crown is on hold indefinitely - there is no time frame for when (or if) it will commence and Schiavello/ Crown don't really know what to do.

In short the apartment component is bringing the whole development down - they cannot sell or get any financing from anywhere.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Heard from a reliable source as recently as last week that Crown is on hold indefinitely - there is no time frame for when (or if) it will commence and Schiavello/ Crown don't really know what to do.

In short the apartment component is bringing the whole development down - they cannot sell or get any financing from anywhere.
They had actually already sold quite a few a while back......
The financing issue we all already know about anyway.
It is on hold.......but not indefinitely.

I guarantee you, your reliable source is a little off here.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
^ So we should expect public confirmation at some stage. The media pays close attention to Crown and its February 2019 expiry date.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
09/07/19 Planning Permit Application - 201526233 - Section 72 Amendment - 293-303 La Trobe Street, Melbourne

is this RE: converting to student housing?

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Was originally proposed at 147m I think but this looks like 141-142m including the hat. I think the entrance is higher than Eporo's. Looks like Wynne has approved a pretty high plot ratio on this small site. Must be pushing 30:1. For student housing???

101 - 120 of 143 Posts