SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 536 Posts

·
Developer
7,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another day another tower!

This application will be next door to the approved 51 storey development at 410 Elizabeth Street:

·
Lurker
3,805 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like the site is on the location of the A'Beckett St Post Office?

It had a For Sale sign on it recently so good to see something happening. It would be good to see some new life in that area with nearby buildings and the refurbishment of the Argus Building.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Wasn't this site sold/being sold with a permit already in place for the above seen tower? Have the new owners decided to go ahead with the already approved tower?

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
This area between CUB, RMIT and QVM will be absolutely unrecognisable with all these developments proposed, including the Swanston St revitalisation from RMIT.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Certainly looks like the Australia Post site.

Reminds me of something I have seen lately - can't quite place it yet....

Design looks okay, but will depend on materials used. Another above ground car park though. We're going to regret allowing them all to be put in I reckon.

·
Overwatch Nexus
1,858 Posts
This area between CUB, RMIT and QVM will be absolutely unrecognisable with all these developments proposed, including the Swanston St revitalisation from RMIT.
It badly needs it. That part of the city needs to catch up with the rest of the CBD.

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
It badly needs it. That part of the city needs to catch up with the rest of the CBD.
Its already there in some ways, it just needs a further kick along.

Its always crowded, is packed with students, has two streets with high frequency trams, an underground station.. its a busy area.

The streetscapes along Elizabeth are actually quite beautiful if you take the time to look at it subjectively, it reminds me somewhat of the Lower East Side in New York.

·
flame on.
5,044 Posts
Im seeing a common theme in a lot of these new proposals. looks a little like the balconys on Portrait.

·
Registered
382 Posts
COOL, ive been looking forward to seeing more renders of this.

I think it will be good, I like it.

Looks a little similar to the tower proposed in the CUB site with the face etc.

·
Banned
482 Posts
Forgot about the 410 elizabeth st for a while getting caught up with the stork but i am just jizzing at the prospect of another 50 odd story tower going up around there along with 410 and stork, zen, verve, 350 william and the list goes on. The north fringe of the CBD is rapidly closing that missing link between the traditional CBD and the upmarket areas like carlton and parkville instead of remaining derelict. Not quite NYC but evolving into it's own world class city. However this would all be no consulation to me should the cub almost supertall not go ahead...

·
Registered
487 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like the site is on the location of the A'Beckett St Post Office?

It had a For Sale sign on it recently so good to see something happening. It would be good to see some new life in that area with nearby buildings and the refurbishment of the Argus Building.
From the renders, this is definitely the Australia Post site, a building nobody will miss. The renders look very promising. I wish they could find a way to obliterate that low rise piece of poo next to it that dominates the rest of that block along Elizabeth.

·
Overwatch Nexus
1,858 Posts
I'm a little confused, is the proposal for the site circled in red? What is going on on the site circled in green?

image host

·
Registered
7,239 Posts
the vacant lot carpark in between the red and green circles is also owned by RMIT and probably will be developed in about 5 years from now.

essentially land banked at this stage.

·
Developer
7,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just to clarify, the renderings I posted are of the approved 51 storey tower at 410 Elizabeth Street which is on the corner of A'beckett and Elizabeth.

The new 48 storey tower at 58 A'beckett Sreet will be next door and we don't yet have a rendering of this proposal.

1 - 20 of 536 Posts