SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
COX Architects
The same people who gave us AAMI park. $268 Million on this stadium and there are less seats undercover than at Olympic Park. Even without the roof leak on opening night the level one seats are in the open. This is bad design in my opinion and not a functionally designed building. I will always remember watching this on television it was embarrassing when the guests got wet all over. They should remove the roof and replace it with a more standard design.

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
The same people who gave us AAMI park. $268 Million on this stadium and there are less seats undercover than at Olympic Park. Even without the roof leak on opening night the level one seats are in the open. This is bad design in my opinion and not a functionally designed building. I will always remember watching this on television it was embarrassing when the guests got wet all over. They should remove the roof and replace it with a more standard design.
you're aware that ALL buildings go through a troubleshoot when they first open, no building is without defects when 1st complete.

AAMI park is a gem in our sporting infrastructure. (albeit flawed with its inability to ever really be expanded) but it fills the void that was needed for a mid sized rectangle stadium.

It is one of the most innovating designed stadiums in the world and one of only 2 projects in Australia to feature on Discovery Channels "Extreme Engineering" (the other being Wonthaggi Desal Plant)

you're lack of any appreciation for design outside the box (quite literally is seems) is laughable.

you might feel some satisfaction trolling these pages and getting a rise out of people but just know that to everyone here your just a dick hiding behind a username.

·
flame on.
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
now I'm convinced you're just trolling...

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Is anyone in the know aware of any restrictions that could see this proposal delayed or not approved???

its obvs within PAN OPS limits but is it infringing on any setback/heritage/protection limitations for the area?

fingers crossed because this is stunning!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
now I'm convinced you're just trolling...
No I do hate AAMI park. It is designed like giant soccer balls and looks out of place like something that has been dropped to earth from out of space.. do not understand architects. I like classically designed buildings. It is a childish fad that architects continue with this farce.

·
flame on.
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i have no idea what you mean... do you realise we are talking about AAMI park?

1 - 20 of 202 Posts