SkyscraperCity banner

401 - 420 of 911 Posts

·
4,950 Posts
We could be in for something special if these early glass shots are anything to go by ..

Pics courtesy Mark B @ UM

I wasn't expecting much of the glass based on the renders but these shots have proven me wrong already .. Wow !!
Is the glass actually coloured, or is the purple/pink some other kind of cladding? Difficut to tell, as it looks different from various angles.

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
Is the glass actually coloured, or is the purple/pink some other kind of cladding? Difficut to tell, as it looks different from various angles.
No, the glass is not coloured, however it does have a strong mirror like finish to it.

The purple panels are a solid metal material.

The two materials and finishes appear to complement each other nicely from what we can see.

·
Go Ahead.....Make My Day!
5,166 Posts
I'm impressed. I think having the floor plates jutt out on various angles will make it really unique and special.

·
Registered
220 Posts
No, the glass is not coloured, however it does have a strong mirror like finish to it.

The purple panels are a solid metal material.

The two materials and finishes appear to complement each other nicely from what we can see.
The metal cladding is aluminum with a colour treatment that appears pink, mauve or purple in different lighting and angles. Hence the name Light House. The glass does appear highly reflective. So far I have only caught one or two glimpses where I can see through the class windows in the pics and the glass seems uncoloured.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Already looking amazing, though I was expecting a more vividly purple colour based on the renders, this looks more periwinkle to me?
Papa, you are right. I was struggling to name this shade of purple till you mention periwinkle. The renders look more amethyst.

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
Gave this one a good look yesterday.

The purple panels are phenomenal. They change hue markedly depending on the angle and sunlight.

This will shock people once it bulks up.

Green on one corner (Vic One) and purple on another (this one).

Outstanding.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
CBD - North > 450 Elizabeth St - Lighthouse > 218m / 67L / residential / u.c

There's definitely a purple tint to the glass to complement the purple panels ...

.. 220m straight up of that = loves it !!

·
Go Ahead.....Make My Day!
5,166 Posts
It would be a pain in the arse doing the floorpates on this one. Constantly changing the jigs and configurations. It will take a lot longer than Vic 1 I reckon. However, it will be worth it when it's done

·
Registered
220 Posts
It would be a pain in the arse doing the floorpates on this one. Constantly changing the jigs and configurations. It will take a lot longer than Vic 1 I reckon. However, it will be worth it when it's done
The floorplates change every 2, then 3, then 4, then every 5 floors as you move further up, so it will be less complicated to configure as it gets taller.

401 - 420 of 911 Posts