SkyscraperCity banner

601 - 620 of 911 Posts

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
Top of core is somewhere between 45 and 49 stories. Vic One is about 41/42.

So about 20 levels to go for this one.

This must be one of the fastest built towers ever. Hopefully not Jerry-Built.

I do prefer the look of Victoria One over this, but this one is cool too. Nice goal posts.

·
Registered
220 Posts

I do prefer the look of Victoria One over this, but this one is cool too. Nice goal posts.
The building is up to level 44 with facade up to level 41, so the core would be closer to 48 or 49 indeed.

·
Go Ahead.....Make My Day!
5,166 Posts

All the new towers up the northern end have absolutely flown up !!

Much quicker than 568 Collins st ! That was like a snail ! :rant:

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Loving this one.

Walking past it the other day, close up the true effect is certainly impressive.

Great pic updates as always Glenn :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
The building in the images looks quite stunning. It will be such a shame for those people who have an apartment facing north or south though. They will only have a view of the tower next door.

·
Registered
220 Posts
If it is any consolation, MY80 is not so near and VicOne is rather slender and it should be possible to have views to the left and right of it. What is worrying would be East facing apartments when 97 Franklin St pops up shoulder to shoulder.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I would call that a definite problem for those people. While I love the development that has taken place during the last ten years, having two residential towers so close is just stupid.

·
Wolf in sheep's clothing
3,239 Posts
Some Might Prefer The View Of A Couple Having Sex 5 Metres Away Or A Busty Blonde Slowly Taking Her Bra And Panties Off Getting Ready For Bed To A City Vista.

·
Highrise Lurker
4,401 Posts
Some Might Prefer The View Of A Couple Having Sex 5 Metres Away Or A Busty Blonde Slowly Taking Her Bra And Panties Off Getting Ready For Bed To A City Vista.
Not wishing to sound like a devo pervert, but you have no idea the amount of times I've noticed people walking around naked, having sex, or guys sitting on the couch or whatever just having a wank whilst I'm out on the roof next door. Blinds wide open and obviously people just don't realise when its dark outside and light inside your apartment you can see everything.

Once upon a time I would observe. Make a phone call to the guys telling them 'you aint going to believe what I'm looking at'. But now it like ok, and it's soo not unusual anymore.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Not wishing to sound like a devo pervert, but you have no idea the amount of times I've noticed people walking around naked, having sex, or guys sitting on the couch or whatever just having a wank whilst I'm out on the roof next door. Blinds wide open and obviously people just don't realise when its dark outside and light inside your apartment you can see everything.

Once upon a time I would observe. Make a phone call to the guys telling them 'you aint going to believe what I'm looking at'. But now it like ok, and it's soo not unusual anymore.

I'm very sure they realise Glenn, VERY sure.

·
Registered
220 Posts
From developer's website:

Construction on Light House has made rapid progress this past month with the following updates as of 24 October 2016:
Structural core has been completed to Level 52.
Concrete pours to Level 50 .
Glass and metal façade to Level 45 has been completed.
Joinery installed to Level 35.
Defecting completed to Level 20.

601 - 620 of 911 Posts