3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as grollo has previously mentioned

Client: Mammoth Empire Holding
Cost/Value: $220 million
Use: Residential
Description: 486 Apartments, 150 car parking spots and 2 retail tenancies

RMIT's Outgoing Building 87 to be Sold With Permit For 50-Level Apartment Tower

A CBD building, offloaded by the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology five years ago, has been listed for sale this week as a major residential development site.

The 410 Elizabeth Street office, known to RMIT staff and students as Building 87, will be sold with a development permit for a 50-level apartment building, capable of accommodating hundreds of units.

The property is owned by developer Michael Buxton, who paid RMIT $8.25 million for the office in 2004, before working on obtaining a residential development permit.

Last year, details of the proposed project appeared on the website of boutique developer Hamton, a property development venture between Michael’s son Steve, and Paul Hameister, both of which were unavailable for comment.

The Elizabeth Street property is expected to reap about $16 million, according to sources, and will be sold with a short-term lease to RMIT, which occupies all of the soon-to-be-demolished 7-level, 6,091 square metre building, at the north-east corner of A’Beckett Street. Knight Frank director Clinton Baxter is marketing the site.

·
Yes. No. Potato?
3,023 Posts
Look great!

·
Registered
7,239 Posts
to be sold with permit?

how often does the permit a site is sold with get developed? no dbout CE or Brady will purchase and use the footprint approved by this development for some cheaper/nastier in house design.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
So Mammoth Empire Holding have bought the site and are planning to build the tower seen in renders above?

I think that the article posted under the renders (re the site being sold) is a little old. This site was sold by Buxton a year ago.

Am I right???

·
smooth operator
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thinking that mammoth empire http://www.meh.com.my/main.html bought the site. they currently have some very handy towers going up in malaysia.

its a hayball design, how much more can it get dumbed down - its already mostly concrete

·
Wolf in sheep's clothing
3,285 Posts
How good does the Argus building look? It's a real shame that it's in disrepair.

Street level = meh

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Looks like a quality proposal. I'll also just be glad to see what's currently on the site be demolished. I used to study in it. Horrible building :cheers:

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
I'm so stunned that we can have major projects on the boards for years (Tower 4, for instance) with very vague renders, but then ones like this can go under the radar, and suddenly appear, complete with extremely detailed renders.

The consistency shits me.

·
Developer
7,686 Posts
This tower scales off at 165m according to this plan posted by John Proctor:

Nice:

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Holy, I didn't realise Stork was that thin. :|
How the hell can that thing stand up at that size and width. Must be an engineering nightmare :)

·
Wolf in sheep's clothing
3,285 Posts
1 - 20 of 794 Posts