Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
flame on.
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i feel kind of dirty creating this thread......

Our next release for 2014

A new CBD apartment tower with prices from just $429,000 • 1, 2 & 3 bedroom apartments & penthouses.

Central Equity, the pioneer of inner-city living and multi award winning developer will soon unveil our latest landmark apartment tower. A contemporary building with a bold, architectural design of 46 levels. Our major new release will feature exclusive residents facilities including indoor heated pool, gymnasium, secure parking and concierge services.

This fantastic new central city location is close to fine restaurants, endless shopping, Melbourne Uni, RMIT, Southern Cross Station, Queen Vic Market and tranquil gardens. A highly desirable location for a broad range of owners and tenants.

http://www.australisapartments.com.au

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
That podium...

I'm repulsed too but it's probably a little better than "La Banque". Clutching at straws here.

That said, in a different light and better render that green? glass facade with recessed balconies might (emphasis on might) look interesting.

·
5,251 Posts
i feel kind of dirty creating this thread......

Our next release for 2014

A new CBD apartment tower with prices from just $429,000 • 1, 2 & 3 bedroom apartments & penthouses.

Central Equity, the pioneer of inner-city living and multi award winning developer will soon unveil our latest landmark apartment tower. A contemporary building with a bold, architectural design of 46 levels. Our major new release will feature exclusive residents facilities including indoor heated pool, gymnasium, secure parking and concierge services.

This fantastic new central city location is close to fine restaurants, endless shopping, Melbourne Uni, RMIT, Southern Cross Station, Queen Vic Market and tranquil gardens. A highly desirable location for a broad range of owners and tenants.

http://www.australisapartments.com.au
Is the design accurate? I count 34 storeys, not 46.

·
flame on.
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
estimated completion early 2017

i wouldn't hold out for it to look any good. CE have a money making formula and they're sticking to it ... (cheap sells)

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
hope at least there's a decent podium (doubtful) but it has 3 frontages so it better make up for loss of laneway somehow

·
メルボルン | &#51652
4,288 Posts
I'm getting some banner ads for Australis on SSC today. This weekend is the "Grand Opening"...of...the sales centre?? Here is a proper render:
I guess its an "improvement" to that previous green/pink super combo abomination. It looks rather average now, satisfied if built to render.

·
Lurker
3,805 Posts
I hate what is happening to this area of the city.

Take a walk around street view to get an idea of what real potential there is, then take a look at the proposal above. Just crap.
https://www.google.com/maps/@-37.81...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sF-rmFCaDxtYgeP4jcWz1lg!2e0
Yep, I have no problems with a few of these going up between City Road and the freeway but this is really an area that could be transformed and this is just a wasted opportunity.

And the worst thing is that the investors (owner occupiers would be a minority for these) don't realise how much better these developments could be. It's not even like these CE apartments are that much cheaper.

·
Registered
834 Posts

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
1. Anything is an improvement over that pink and green render.....

CE obviously think that they can get away with as little effort as possible
with their first renders, because people will buy the apartments regardless
- even if, as some are saying, the apartments they build aren't necessarily
all that cheap!

2. Yes, it also an improvement on the current Southbank offering with the
lovely podium arches, being Southbank (not-so) Grande.

3. It is just another cheap box with a few architectural embellishments to
keep the seagulls, pigeons and fruit bats happy.... and nobody else for
that matter.

4. Let's face it, the uglier that their apartment blocks get, the more that
people will talk about them!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
" ...a contemporary building with a bold, architectural design". What are these guys on about? Where do they get their architects from? What a joke.

·
Registered
403 Posts
CE folks. They have projectile-vomited their garbage all over our city for 15 years. It's just not good enough.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts