SkyscraperCity Forum banner
81 - 100 of 560 Posts

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
This is one with a big difference between the front and rear of the site.

It's also a big excavation, at least when you look at it from Spencer St. After years of Cul's ribbing about no basements on Melbourne developments, we have a bunch of very deep holes right now - Collins Arch & Premier are the main ones that come to mind...

-----

deebs

·
Registered
873 Posts
Deebs, We also have 2 other construction sites that both have deep excavation and they a Sky One, at Station Street, Box Hill, which is 6 levels deep, and the 2nd one is Grand Central, on the corner of Toorak Rd and Chapel Street, South Yarra, which is 5 levels deep.

·
Wolf in sheep's clothing
3,509 Posts
Cul has a size thing. i think he included the basement levels in the "real height" of Sydney's towers versus Melb's.
A bit like a fat guy saying he's got a biiger wang. You just can't see half the shaft cos it's hidden in the fat. So technically bigger.

This is one with a big difference between the front and rear of the site.

It's also a big excavation, at least when you look at it from Spencer St. After years of Cul's ribbing about no basements on Melbourne developments, we have a bunch of very deep holes right now - Collins Arch & Premier are the main ones that come to mind...

-----

deebs

·
6,471 Posts
Just some clarification about the address of this building. Dean pointed out to me that it is actually 263-283 Spencer, and seems as though that is actually the physical address of the lot, so I changed that thread title. But the building is refered to everywhere as 311 Spencer. The City West Police Complex is 313 Spencer. I'm guessing as they're both going to be Police, these two lots are being combined, given them the ability to use any number from 263-311 for the address of the new tower. So I think I should change the thread title back to 311 Spencer.

Reactions: Dean

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
There's something lurking in that thar hole that looks a lot like a lift core. Hard to get pics of this site - top deck of the Skybus is probably the best option for anyone with a spare $19...

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Yeah - I'm hoping that the actual product will look more impressive than the renders, which in this case I think might actually be the case. It's going to stick out like dog's balls down there.

I guess security has taken a front seat over design on this one.

·
Premium Member
13,082 Posts
deebs is right. The gate on Spencer was open today and I could see a core box. A couple of blokes were standing there and said that they couldn't let me take a shot because, "It's a police building and security is high". We'll just have to wait until it gets above street level, which shouldn't be long the way they're going.

81 - 100 of 560 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.