SkyscraperCity banner

1041 - 1060 of 2859 Posts

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Further to the heights - a quick floor count of the other towers in the render puts them about 66, 70 & 75 levels.

That means they will be about 220m, 240m & 250m respectively - what a super site !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,618 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
As has been pointed out its a bit concerning they are building it where the tallest tower will be which implies it will be built last.

Which isn't necessarily a big deal but surely you would think Ritz Carlton would want their hotel opened sooner rather than much later ?
They want to be super-careful indeed, this structure looks very 1960's Japanese brutalist to me (in a minimalist way) - without the piss-riddled car park underneath. Some wombat may whack a caveat on so they can never pull it down!

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
...if you draw a line from this project to Sydney it lines up with their airport...there's the proof Horatio...was it Horatio ? not sure but whoever it was it is compelling : )

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
It's sad. I hope all those idiots who voted for state Labor/Greens are happy now.
yeah, neither labor OR liberal set the PANOPS limit... your comment just show you to be one of those idiots who blame the govt regardless of facts... if this had been a Wynne/overshaddowing reason id be all for your comment... but its PANOPS... no political partys fault...

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Still don't get this PAN-OPS thing, I thought after 9/11 flying over the central city aka skyscraperland would be a no go.
From what I know about it, it is all about the possibility having an aircraft on take off losing engine power and needing to take that into account.

In the case of the Melbourne CBD, it is all about Essendon Airport that this rule is in place for.

·
Master Louis
474 Posts
From what I know about it, it is all about the possibility having an aircraft on take off losing engine power and needing to take that into account. In the case of the Melbourne CBD, it is all about Essendon Airport that this rule is in place for.
spot on, practically a general aviation airport now and it's still controlling the city...it's ridiculous

·
Proud Victorian!
7,041 Posts
What a joke.

No longer can we ever the experience the excitement of questioning whether a new proposal will be a new supertall for Melbourne.

Just sad.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Once the Government of the day realises that economic development and prosperity are being hamstrung by such archaic restrictions harking back to the days of the Wright Brothers, only then will they seek to challenge and ultimately remedy the situation effected by the Pans-Ops overlay.

1041 - 1060 of 2859 Posts