Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and it is growing... anyone have JT Ross contacts? or know anything here?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Still nothing. New site with piling happening on the other side of the intersection (north east). Also couldn't see who, but render shows 4-5 floors.

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it still boggles me why this one is so secretive. I cannot be offices to let as they would have been scouting for tenants. I doubt it is one owner occupier. It is clearly not residential. Is it a hotel?

·
Registered
424 Posts
it still boggles me why this one is so secretive. I cannot be offices to let as they would have been scouting for tenants. I doubt it is one owner occupier. It is clearly not residential. Is it a hotel?
I stumbled across an updated map of construction sites for the New Town Centre and it did show that The Marriott hotel was still on the cards and it had been moved from that new FNB site to New Town Centre in that very spot where construction is happening now so this is very possible that this could be a Marriott Hotel???!!! Can't remember where I found this map but it was from a reliable source I think it was somewhere on skyscrapercity???

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A radisson hotel was planned for the site next to it. This was never previously planned for a hotel that we have seen.

And I can't see that group building a new hotel when expanding the one in the village... but then stranger things have happened

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JT Ross remain silent on their website and do not reply to emails. i guess we have to wait for a press release

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
this one looks like it is topping out and yet still no word...

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That was never the site for the Radisson in the past, it was the site on other end oft he park facing wavehouse.

Even if it is now, Radisson have no Durban listing on their websites and nothing been in the press... this is a damn mystery building

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ah well thats a bit of new news. Maybe because the other site never materialised they considered this site... that said, weird that they have made zero news about it, if it is indeed a Radisson.

Any opportunity to ask anyone you know?

·
Registered
37 Posts
The view of this nameless development from the Virgin active gym in gateway seems as though it is topped out (not 100% certain)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Looks like 7 (or 6 if the ground floor is exceptionally tall), also has some sort of a front end structure which looks like it is going to accomodate a pool deck. I have a pic as of this weekend but not sure how to upload from my harddrive.

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
dropped you reply in your inbox...

a pool you say?? makes the hotel news more plausible... why the silence from the developers...

1 - 20 of 57 Posts