SkyscraperCity Forum banner

[CDN] Canada | road infrastructure

1612292 Views 5603 Replies 449 Participants Last post by  geogregor
Some of the largest and most unique highways in the world can be found in Toronto

Highway 400






Highway 401

















407 ETR, World's first all access toll highway














Don Valley Parkway





Gardiner Expressway





427



Map of the System
1 - 20 of 5604 Posts
I love that place, I have visited the city many times, and everytimes I go there. I am amaze to see those wonderful highways, Only Houston and LA can compete with Toronto
Ontario Highways

Hello all, I was just curious if the images from www.Onthighways.com could be removed from this list. I am the webmaster. Though I have no problem with images being used in this manner, unfortunatly having them posted at this location has caused me to overuse my bandwidth for the month. I do enjoy sharing pictures with everyone, but I would really appreciate it if links were used to the site instead of showing the images here so that the sites bandwidth can be kept more in check.

Thanks very much!
Scott Steeves

P.S. The 401 does rock
My old horrible commute on Hwy 401 to DVP. (Looking east from DVP) :sleepy:



The same area in 1956: (Looking West, the hill behind is where the DVP interchange was built)


Hwy. 401- Kennedy Road Interchange in 1957

Hoggs Hollow Bridge (near Yonge Street Exit)

Hwy. 401 at Islington



How jammed Toronto's highways can be:
does anyone else besides ozzies call them Freeways? a hwy over here is like 2 lanes. a freeway is like 3 or 4.
does anyone else besides ozzies call them Freeways? a hwy over here is like 2 lanes. a freeway is like 3 or 4. plus you use tolls im glad Perth doesnt have them.
All US Interstates are freeways. US Highways are for more localized routes like US395, US50 etc.
yeah sorry, i can host them.
sonysnob said:
Hello all, I was just curious if the images from www.Onthighways.com could be removed from this list. I am the webmaster. Though I have no problem with images being used in this manner, unfortunatly having them posted at this location has caused me to overuse my bandwidth for the month. I do enjoy sharing pictures with everyone, but I would really appreciate it if links were used to the site instead of showing the images here so that the sites bandwidth can be kept more in check.

Thanks very much!
Scott Steeves

P.S. The 401 does rock
I was unaware Canada used kilometres and not miles!!
Switched around the same time as Australia and rest of the commonwealth.
Perfect !!! Amazing !!! It's my dream to know Canada and its highways.
:eek2: :applause: :applause:
For me, the most amazing thing is the way they clear it of snow after a huge fall.
The more I know about Canada, the more I fall in love with that place.
I am big fan of Highways, and Canada is one of the best for that along with California and Texas
Its funny how people say it's there dreams to drive these huge highways, when i can drive the 401 everyday. The massive thing splits my town right down the middle, thats how we define North and south ajax. I guess since i've grown up with it I just take it for granted.
nope the poms still use miles.
VAN-TO said:
Switched around the same time as Australia and rest of the commonwealth.
Funny, as a non-ajax resident, but living in the area. I have always described north ajax as the 'durhams big box', and south, as 'industrial ajax'

Maybe its just me ;)

Scott Steeves
CrazyCanuck said:
Its funny how people say it's there dreams to drive these huge highways, when i can drive the 401 everyday. The massive thing splits my town right down the middle, thats how we define North and south ajax. I guess since i've grown up with it I just take it for granted.
1 - 20 of 5604 Posts
Top