mr lakawboy;)
5,578 Posts
Cebu, An island in the Pacific

not Queen City of the South

Reactions: MidnightSonata

·
Banned
1,867 Posts
i suggest a name change kay maayo unta ug cebu city ra atong hisgutan but its the entire metro cebu and province of which we all are.

CEBU: The Cradle of Christianity in the Far East

·
Tuburanon in Lacion
294 Posts

Agree bai! Mas angayan na nga i-tag sa Sugbu kaysa queen city. usa pa sad naa man ta sa sentro sa Pilipinas, wala man tawn ta sa Sawtt oi! :D

·
Tuburanon in Lacion
294 Posts
i suggest a name change kay maayo unta ug cebu city ra atong hisgutan but its the entire metro cebu and province of which we all are.

CEBU: The Cradle of Christianity in the Far East
Payts sad ni sir!:cheers:

·
Ang pula og ang puti
Ang pula ug ang puti
853 Posts
I think better name this thread "CEBU | An Island in the Pacific".
Mas inclusive kung kinatibok-ang lalawigan sa Sugbu ang atong ipasabot.

·
Registered
844 Posts
much better if Cebu is tagged as "an island in the pacific" or "gateway of thousand dreams" (not sure kun mao na :D) ....

·
Banned
1,212 Posts

Why? 'Queen....' is too effeminate? :)

'An island in the Pacific' was the tag phrase used during the 90s by Cebu tourism stakeholders to market Cebu to detach itself from the rest of the country due to political problems that turned off tourists to come to the country, especially Manila and the troubled south where most of the unsavory events happened and often made news headlines.

Yes, media shud let go of the monicker 'Queen....' to describe Cebu because it's too fancy.

This monicker has long caused others to speak ill of Cebu thinking they were unceremoniously robbed of their title.:lol: when in fact only the media (who are less creative) invented it.

Some media people have long been the cause of unnecessary tiff between ethnic groups for their irresponsible reporting. This is often caused by poor research and editing.:eek:hno:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts