Votes: 30 3.6%
  • 3 or less

Votes: 286 34.5%
41 - 60 of 1000 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oo nga, mababa ang tingin sa pinoy.
I don't believe it has anything to do with nationality or race. At least I didn't vote that way. It's very hard to justify a vote higher than 7 when you see that 50% of voters gave more developed cities like Manila and Pattaya <=8, Taipei <= 7.5 and Penang <=7.

Cebu has potential, but we are not rating potential. It has some nice-looking buildings, but we are not rating individual buildings here either. We're rating skylines as they exist right now. Cebu is definitely not up there yet. Not enough height, density, variety, cohesiveness....

·
Selbstmordberliner
275 Posts
Man, beautiful pictures. Really, people who don't know the city will of course just judge it on what they see...the skyscrapers and since it is not in the rank of leading skyline megacities, it is not surprising that most people her vote from 5-7.

But Cebu really is the country's economic powerhouse right now with an annual growth rate of 20%, and industrial growth doesn't really require any tall skyscrapers or so but I'm sure that will change in the future. I just hope that the vast develolments doen't harm or destroy the city's beauty and atmosphere.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Man, beautiful pictures. Really, people who don't know the city will of course just judge it on what they see...the skyscrapers and since it is not in the rank of leading skyline megacities, it is not surprising that most people her vote from 5-7.

But Cebu really is the country's economic powerhouse right now with an annual growth rate of 20%, and industrial growth doesn't really require any tall skyscrapers or so but I'm sure that will change in the future. I just hope that the vast develolments doen't harm or destroy the city's beauty and atmosphere.
Unfortunately, that is the case for majority of the people voting. I only voted based on the pictures I see posted. From what I can see, this city is still not "there" yet. But if you have better pictures of this city's skyline, by all means post away...

If it continues with it's supposedly explosive rate, then sometime in the future, I'm sure it will become a regional powerhouse. Then maybe we can revisit the score. But not today...

·
Certified Cebuano
106 Posts
^^ me too, i'm a true blue cebuano and i'm giving it a fair rating of 5/10. the skyline of Cebu is still in its infancy stage and as others say, it has definitely a lot of potentials. the incredible mountain backdrop and the seafront view would contribute to a much more spectacular skyline in the future, not to mention that cebu will be planted with skycrapers (30-storey up) in the next few years. :)

·
TSR/CSR
90 Posts
Our Korean customer said:

His country is South Korea and his hometown is Cebu. He's giving our skyline with a vote of 5/10 against Seoul, South Korea. But he's giving our beaches and resorts 10/10.

I'm giving it a 5/10 too!

I agree with our Korean customer at the office. He said, Cebu is still a toddler. Let's just wait lang sah daw for the time when Cebu reach its puberty and so on before we enter to the skyline contest.

·
Registered
105 Posts
5/10 cebu you are on the right track.. just keep moving and double efforts..
:applause:

41 - 60 of 1000 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.