Please Vote...

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Galactic Ruler
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a variation of the other one seeing as though people dont seem to like stylised designs. It's still pretty basic and i wanted to go for simple.

Its probably a little more NYE like but nothing speaks celebration like fireworks.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
I prefer this to the other one. I also thought fireworks when I was doing mine but decided I didn't want to do a dark night time one. But yes, even is some SSC forumer cannot read any english at all they still get the gist of it thanks to the fireworks :)

·
Overwatch Nexus
1,865 Posts
Pushed 4 was meant to be 5 :bash: The city shiloutte is a little ambiguous, if it's gonna be sydney centric might as well be all out. :)

·
Banned
3,269 Posts
**** off sydney.. do they have aussie day fireworks? NYE is there huge one, i'm pretty sure ours are the biggest for aussie day.
but i dont like it simply because it's not Australian reallly, should be for Sydney day or whatever.
5/10

·
Galactic Ruler
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL Patrick of course we have fireworks on Australia Day. I don't think it's fair to voye if you cant do it objectively. The reason this one is sydney is simply because it's the easiest city to silhouette. This is a stylised version of a skyline with Sydney Tower, if I used Perth it would be basically meaningless to those on the international forums, this isn't about sydney it's about making it at least slightly internationally recognisable. I can understand you voting down a photo of Sydney but an illustration is a bit mean.

Don't vote mine down just because it's got sydney in it and I am from sydney, you should make your own of Perth and put it up against it. ;)

·
Galactic Ruler
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL yeah you are right ... there is a technical issue on the right. I like pink but yeah the image could have been any colour. Possibly Jpeg compression has made it worse.

·
Galactic Ruler
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alternatively we could do an animated image GIF with the skyline alternating between different city skylines. that would mean i'd have to make one for each city and the file would blob out.

Maybe a skyline of Sydney, Uluru and Perth.

·
Registered
79,646 Posts
isnt sydney the place where cap cook discovered Australia? fist bot bay then farm cove.anyway.
hate to say it but if your gonna have a city on a logo for australia day, sydney should be 1st choice.then maybe canberra or 2nd oldest city-Hobart.

·
Lacking an Akubra!
4,546 Posts
Im with Pat, im abit concerned, as this more concentrates on Sydney, but though I realise that Sydney is the most recognisable city in Australia, and has more historical significance, but the banner is cool though.

·
Banned
3,269 Posts
isnt sydney the place where cap cook discovered Australia? fist bot bay then farm cove.anyway.
hate to say it but if your gonna have a city on a logo for australia day, sydney should be 1st choice.then maybe canberra or 2nd oldest city-Hobart.
correction, Australia was first discovered by Dirk Hartog... and that's on this side of the country. lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.