SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13,365 Posts
Oh, I can't help but laugh. :)

Did you mail yours in? If you don't, it's 3 months in prison and a 500$ fine! :happy:

·
....kay?
550 Posts
I did mine over the interweb. It's so much easier :D

p.s. When are the numbers coming out anyway? I bet it'll be a few months eh?

·
Registered
13,365 Posts
They come our by September usually.

This is the third census I've been anticipating! 1996's Census is one of the earliest things I can remember about my interest in city's and populations and buildings and stuff. :)

I remember walking to the corner of a 4 storey hotel near my house, looking up the corner and saying OMG IT'SH HOOGE!

·
Registered
13,365 Posts
Wow! It's a good thing we outsourced them to Lockheed Martin, eh? :D Wow, only 8 months for results!

It's a good thing they don't count votes. We'd never get anything done!

·
moonage daydream
626 Posts
2006 Census release dates

January 16, 2007
- Selected geography products
February 13, 2007
- Population and dwelling counts
June 12, 2007
- Age and sex
September 12, 2007
- Marital status
- Common-law status
- Families
- Households
- Housing and dwelling characteristics
November 14, 2007
- Language
- Immigration
- Citizenship
- Mobility and migration
December 11, 2007
- Aboriginal peoples
February 12, 2008
- Labour market activity
- Industry
- Occupation
- Education
- Language of work
- Place of work
- Mode of transportation
March 18, 2008
- Ethnic origin
- Visible minorities
April 22, 2008
- Income
- Earnings
- Shelter costs

·
The Tropics of Canada
5,065 Posts
anyone think of any surprises in store after Census is revieled? IE : loss of population , huge growth etc.

·
Registered
13,365 Posts
It will take them two years to find out how much we make? :dunno:

Good on them!

Thunder Bay's population will drop below 107,000, and the metro will drop below 120,000 for the first time since the late 70s.

·
Registered
274 Posts
LordMandeep said:
dude, the forms are due tommorow.
Just tried to go on-line right now 10:09 EST on May 16 and it said:

Sorry, the site is temporarily unavailable

Please try again later.

If you do not wish to try again, you can complete your paper questionnaire and return it by mail in the envelope provided. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please note that the online questionnaire operates beyond May 16. We encourage you to try again before May 23rd. This will satisfy your obligation to complete and return your Census questionnaire.

From www.census2006.com

Don't fret if you didn't get in it you still have time.

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
London grew by 4,000 in 2005. That's 1.2% per annum and the fastest growth rate for the city in 20 years. It seems not everyone is Alberta bound.

·
~ Mysterious Entity ~
4,859 Posts
^ I'm so pissed at them for not allowing me to use Opera. They did some kind of automatic detection test to see if my browser was used 128 bit SSL security, and then it said I had to download a different browser. Opera DOES support that stupid protocol. I even went in and adjusted the options for it in the preferences section. :bleep:It's a conspiracy I tell you!! :guns1:

·
Registered
165 Posts
I bet my town of Milton, Ontario is going to have a huge population growth. The population according the town has jumped from 30,000 in the late 90's to over 50,000 this year. But I guess I'll have to wait for official numbers.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Breakwood said:
I bet my town of Milton, Ontario is going to have a huge population growth. The population according the town has jumped from 30,000 in the late 90's to over 50,000 this year. But I guess I'll have to wait for official numbers.

ye milton's growing like crazy, my town of georgetown (right beside milton) will probably have a rather large jump in population for a city its size.. roughly 50 000 according to last census.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts