1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Mainland Sea & Sky
6,242 Posts
Awesome view and nice shots !

·
Modulator
1,208 Posts
its not the heat which is the only thing keeping me from moving to the NT...

"Dont sleep on the road, it might be warm but road trains will hit ya"
:lol: Cried laughing when I first saw that ad travelling in the Flinders Ranges, got a massive culture shock.

"The road is not for sleeping! Wear bright colours at night!"

Of all the public service announcements you'll see, this is the best.

·
Registered Yooser
1,456 Posts
its not the heat which is the only thing keeping me from moving to the NT...

"Dont sleep on the road, it might be warm but road trains will hit ya"
Well yeah that was the second reason why. It was for a job with the NT Police but then after talking to some current officers, I found out you literally spend 90% of your time rounding up drunk abos.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Where's the river? :?
almost all rivers in central and outback Australia are upside down which means they actually flow underground. Theres a special name for them but Ive forgotten it. The most famous river is the Finke which continuously flows underground which has quite a flow of water. Most water ends up into the Great Artesian Basin I think. They only flow above ground in freak flood storms. I have some mates who are park rangers in the West Macdonnell Ranges around Alice Springs who always show me around when I go up, and Ive fallen in love the Alice and central Australia, its beautiful

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Ive also heard that Alice Springs will never need any water restrictions. Aparently the amount of ground water underneath would support a large city. In the USA, the huge city of Phoenix sits in the middle of a desert, so Ive always wondered why the Alice couldnt grow significantly, say up to around 2-300,000 people

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.