Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or are the designs quite similar from some elevations? Maybe they got separated some how? 馃槀
Complementary halfs?
If you use the water for reflection you can make the St George's Cross?
Do any of the facades function as faraday cages? Do they have direct undersea cable connections?

Only messing like...

Donal Murphy Photography/Central Bank of Ireland

Registered
It's nice but I wouldn't compare it to anything iconic like the Sydney opera house.
The central bank also I wouldn't say is iconic but it's a nice piece of architecture in the middle of all the meh that's next to it.

Registered
I don't think the central bank was ever meant to be "iconic". It was meant to be gold plated to suit the fetish of banker people - not to be a place of visitation by the peasantry. Also it's a good bit bigger than the Titanic building which is a visitor attraction.

I see resemblance from the front but don't think that was on purpose to be honest.

Also wtf is with the England flag?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Is there a point to this thread?
These two buildings are a bridge between the border laced with symbolism. One represented a crash in the engineered economy the other a engineered ship. Like brothers/sisters...

Even the blue lights are symbolic outside the cross. The diagonal direction cladding matches the flad even further.

The convention centre is a keg and the bridge a tap or harp.

I wouldn't class the buildings in a league of the Sydney Opera House.

I could analyse the buildings/relationship further...

Reactions: Wilderbeast

Registered
The titanic building is a homage to a photograph (that I can't find online) that features the Titanic & two sister ships under construction, the three prows on a single gantry at 90 degree angles. This is pretty much the shape of the museum, which also doubles up as a star symbolising the white star line shipping company. Or a luceferian symbol.

^^

Actually it's this one I think;

Although the design wasn't just based on ship building gantries.

There are some minor design similarities but they are two different buildings. Titanic Belfast is quite a clever design and the anodised aluminium shards on the exterior are stunning in the different light the area gets throughout the day. Sydney Opera House iconic is pushing it but it is iconic in both design and how it's spearheaded wider TQ regeneration.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
^^

Actually it's this one I think;

Although the design wasn't just based on ship building gantries.

There are some minor design similarities but they are two different buildings. Titanic Belfast is quite a clever design and the anodised aluminium shards on the exterior are stunning in the different light the area gets throughout the day. Sydney Opera House iconic is pushing it but it is iconic in both design and how it's spearheaded wider TQ regeneration.
So using the reflection of the water was planned! I like the timber photo a lot!

The other thing is they both have stars one a compass in plan the other in elevation...

The first image in his sketch almost looks like sinking...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.