SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Astral tourist
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The CENTROPE region, strategically located in the heart of the “New Europe”, has posted the strongest economic growth of any region in the world, surpassed only by South Asia. Membership in the European Union has emerged as a magnificent success story...

4 Countries – 1 Unique Business Opportunity
• Extremely low corporate income tax rates, ranging from 16% to 25%
• Highly-qualified employees
• Extremely low labour costs and unit labour costs in some areas
• An excellent infrastructure combined with traditional Central and Eastern European know-how
• An optimal business location for headquarters and production based on a division of labour

and [unofficial]
• many unique beers, wines, and other opportunities ...
:cheers1:

·
Astral tourist
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imagine ...

The reincarnation of the Austro-Hungarian empire sounds pretty good. ;)

-Ataman
It is something even much better. It it reincarnation of The Great Moravia empire, Austro-Hungarian empire, Slovakia, Hungaria, Austria, Czek Republic. Isn't it great? Imagine the potention ...

:cheers1: What U think ?

·
14,851 Posts
As the largest city in the region, the capital should be moved from Vienna to Budapest. :eek:kay:

-Ataman
No, no, no, the capital should be Velehrad - the original capital of Great Moravia. Unfortunately, we don't know where Velehrad exactly was.:eek:hno: So let's give up whole this idea.;)

·
Banned
2,980 Posts

·
Banned
2,980 Posts
It it reincarnation of The Great Moravia empire, Austro-Hungarian empire, Slovakia, Hungaria, Austria, Czek Republic.
Where is this Czek Republic located, never heard about it so far.

·
Some user
613 Posts
I wonder, what was the Great Moravian Empire like? Were there cities larger than 10K people? 50K people? How would they have looked like? Have the Great Moravian castles been reconstructed (on paper, at least)?

I have to admit I know so little about that time period.

-Ataman

·
Some user
613 Posts
Austria-Hungary? God forbid! Never more.
The empire would actually become the Hungaro-Czech empire, since the two most populous ethnic groups in the same area are the Hungarians and Czechs, in that order.

Thanks to the expulsion of Germans all around central Europe after WWII, they come only third.

-Ataman

·
PortalIQue
423 Posts
The empire would actually become the Hungaro-Czech empire, since the two most populous ethnic groups in the same area are the Hungarians and Czechs, in that order.

Thanks to the expulsion of Germans all around central Europe after WWII, they come only third.

-Ataman
ha? Centrope does not include Budapest and I doubt that without the Hungarian capital Hungarians are one of the 2 most populous ethnic groups in the region.

·
Banned
2,980 Posts

-Ataman
I really doubt. Austrians had always cheated us, they promised autonomy for Czech lands before 1867 but didn't keep the word...

·
14,851 Posts
I wonder, what was the Great Moravian Empire like? Were there cities larger than 10K people? 50K people? How would they have looked like? Have the Great Moravian castles been reconstructed (on paper, at least)?

I have to admit I know so little about that time period.

-Ataman
Some info about Great Moravia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Moravia

Just write Great Moravia in Google to find out more info.

If you are interrested in cities in this age you should now in 9th century there were no cities in Europe. Even Rome the only wannabe medieval city has inly 20.000 inhabitants.
In Hungarian kingdom the first cities were establihed in 13th century. The first in Slovakia was Trnava (1238). Castles were constructed also from 12th century after the invasion of Mongols. In Great Moravia there were only some hill-forts around which were some kind of towns or villages such as Nitra, Devín, Bratislava, Trenčín, Pobedim, Ducové, Brekov, Zemplín, Divinka, Mužľa, Starý Tekov, Zvolen-Môtová, Detva-Kalamárka, Čingov, Dreveník, Šarišské Sokolovce, Spišské Tomášovce, Kusín, Vyšehrad (na Slovensku), Hronský Beňadik, Bojná-Valy, Nitrianska Blatnica, Skalka nad Váhom, Hrádok, in present Moravia: Mikulčice, Staré Město, Pohansko, Brno-Líšeň, Olomouc, in present Hungary: Ostrihom (Esztergom), Feldebrö, in present Ukraine: Užhorod

·
Banned
2,980 Posts
I know "this" Velehrad but it's not the former capital of Great Moravia empire. We don't know where it was lexactly ocated. The only thing we know it was very probably in southern Moravia, however it's not identical with the present Velehrad.
The most probably it is: http://www.velehrad.cz/historie.html

1 - 20 of 86 Posts