Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok guys, let's try something new. There are a few photographers in our group as seen in the WA Pictures thread. So lets get everyones creative juices flowing.

Month
June 08

Theme
Perth (Skylines, Buildings, whatever you fancy, this is an easy one to get us started)

Rules
1) Photos must be taken by you. Photos found to be sourced elsewhere will be disqualified.
2) Photos must fit into the monthly theme.
3) A Maximum of 3 photos can be submitted per challenge (per month).
4) Photos must not be wider than 800 pixels, and no higher than 800 pixels. You may link to a larger version if needed.
5) Participants must cast votes at the end of the challenge. Non-voting participants will be disqualified.
6) No photos will be eligable after the end of the challenge month.
7) When posting a photo, the participate is responsible for correctly numbering their photos. Post your photo PROCEEDED by the sequence number preceded by a hash. e.g. #1.
8) Participants may not vote for their own photo duing the voting process.

Voting
- Voting will commence at the end of the month.
- Any SSC member may vote
- Voting is cast by the voter listing their top 3 photos in order of their favourite, i.e.
#A
#B
#C
- Voting ends 2 weeks after commencement.

·
A 'Refined Bogan'
8,273 Posts
when you say the theme is perth, do you mean the skyline, the urban scape, can you make it more defined to make it more interesting... like perth nightlife, so therefore you have to take a picture which involves perths nightlife, not just how awesome the skyline is or how the sky looks... otherwise, we will have people posting on the skyline, the urbanscape and the nightlife in the same vote, but how can you define which is best when they are all on different topics

just an idea

and also you can't vote for your own pics

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
when you say the theme is perth, do you mean the skyline, the urban scape, can you make it more defined to make it more interesting... like perth nightlife, so therefore you have to take a picture which involves perths nightlife, not just how awesome the skyline is or how the sky looks... otherwise, we will have people posting on the skyline, the urbanscape and the nightlife in the same vote, but how can you define which is best when they are all on different topics

just an idea
This first one is just a general all round theme to get us started... a nice easy one... so anything Perth related goes this time round :)

·
Registered
668 Posts
Great idea guys.. keep the photos coming.

In addition to photo challenges, you could throw in some "Technical" challenges also. Like come up with a Light Rail Route in the CBD, or a new plan for Scarborough Beach, or a Rail line to the Airport. Have people vote on the winner...

FuturePerth could leaverage the ideas become more pro-active when it comes to city planning..

·
Registered
222 Posts
Probably an obvious answer, but it isn't in the rules so i'll have to ask, do these images have to be taken during the month, or can they be an old photo you have taken previously?

·
A 'Refined Bogan'
8,273 Posts
i say have to be taken in that month to make it more fun for people, so it means you have to go out and take them rather than just go through your database on your computer.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The 800 pixel is fine, as it will not clog up the thread with humongous photos. People should produce a 800 pixel photo and a link to a large version, and maybe they can give a bit of a description like location, day, time and whatever.

Great thread, looking forward to seeing Perth as witnessed by many of the camera artists here.

·
What a timeline we're in!
5,189 Posts
Geez goran, stop and think for a moment...

they are the ENTRY NUMBERS, docker has submitted his 3 entries in and has numbered them accordingly.

I am currently looking through my piccies and will submit my 3 before i leave :)

they look good already i must say, then again the members here take a high standard of photos anyway!

EDIT: goran they are the total entries of the monthly competition, i knew that!

anyway, look forward in seeing your entries :)

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
it's so when we start voting... you vote for the picture #... easy way to identify each... lol...

1 - 20 of 108 Posts