SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plans made by arhitect Alban Chambon for the Belgrade palaces complex in 1913

Project was never realized due to the war. In its place there a new project that is taking shape and it carries the same name.

Accoriding to the website new building is utilising a new concept which they are calling anti-gravity in which a visual line is unbroaken so the building appears like it has no support.

·
Registered
275 Posts
a pity that this project wasn't realized.. it would be impressive to see this complex of palaces.. i think they should try to build smth. similar to the original project or leave the place like it is now.. it's much better than putting this "monster" in citys centre..

·
Registered
579 Posts
People, please try to inform yourself better before posting anything! This so called "monster" will never get built, it's just a student's work. An idea, concept, nothing serious, just a way for students to deal with big projects in the city public space. "Project Belgrade" is a programme organized by the city to help students of architecture.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^^
I think you are right. I read some more of the "boringly long text" and apparently they just give students things to work on and then they publish a book of their works.

·
Registered
104 Posts
This Project Belgrade thing was interesting in its inception, now it seems it has been completely turned off and interest in it by the city and developers was lost. I think the idea was to get new faces out and give students of all walks a chance to participate in cityscaping so to speak (not only architects were involved int he project). Althouhg I dont think this particular building should ever be built in between the two palaces I think it's a cool structure, the woman that did it quite talented I think. Too bad new architects and creative people have no place under the sun in Serbia, the space is taken up by idiotic unimaginative and untaleneted academics such as Belgrade's chief architect Djordje Bobic or whatever his name is. He is slowly leaving his nasty mark on the city with his mediocre aesthetic and stupid megalomaniac vision of tallest skyscrpaers in the world in the middle of messy New Belgrade.

Btw, Chambon's Plan was a lot more extensive and it included an entire plan for the city's squares and a large number of public buildings. I think he is Belgian in origin and isn't actually an architect but rather and interior decorator, but i may be wrong. I read he was responsible for interior decoration of many famous public buildings in Brussels and other European metropolises.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.