SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess its pretty slim, but will the people really have a say? The power is with the governer and from the looks of things i don't think hes gonna change his mind? what you guys think?

·
It was aliens
4,781 Posts
Slim to none, Merely a publicity stunt for te finale of his show. He may stick with it but I doubt It'll do much. FT will be redesigned, that's what you should all look for for now. No one knows what it'll look like.

·
Lurker
1,816 Posts
Jo48 said:
Slim to none, Merely a publicity stunt for te finale of his show. He may stick with it but I doubt It'll do much. FT will be redesigned, that's what you should all look for for now. No one knows what it'll look like.
Yeah, It's not going to happen. I'm just hoping the redesigned Freedom Tower turns out nice :sleepy:

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
We've all seen Kenneth Gardner's plan in another thread that has been here for some time now. This is just the first time we've seen a scale model based on the 3D renderings.

I'm still more inclined to see Foster's design go up just because it is innovative and appears very stucturally sturdy, but this is the only other acceptable plan I've seen, since it looks like a more modern version of the twins that so many people miss. Quite frankly Gardner's plan would fit in with the surrounding buildings better than the WTC did, especially the WFC cluster.

·
Expert
6,905 Posts
I doubt it will pass but I think its greater achievement and purpose will be as a catalyst for BETTER designs for such an important site.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I say slim but very possible! Just wait as how June passes by and still no new Freedom Tower, just like all other deadlines. That will be the straw that will break New Yorkers backs!

Again, I was assured that Trump didnt want to do a stunt, and most work will be done behind the publics eye! Thats why he didnt present it on the Apprentice, ITS NOT A STUNT!!

You to can talk with the MAKENYNYAGAIN people, you have to find it though!! And its not on their website! So look at clues on the web, their basically everywhere!

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Even if it's not built, I'm just glad Trump has shaken up the process. The road to the Freedom Tower has been a tainted one and it's about time someone with influence has spoken about about that god-awful tower.

·
Long live the Twins!
1,116 Posts
it's gonna be hard to shake and destroy the corrupt system that pataki had put up around him for the wtc rebuilding. those cronies have proved themselves to be willing to defy what the public demands and put up only what they want (unless the public threatens to run them out of albany tarred and feathered for all the nation to see).

but i think if the public's response to trump's plan is enthusiastic and positive, then pataki will never be able to recover his reputation, and he will be viewed as someone who sought for his own gain, instead of the nation's. his freedom tower will be greeted with hate, and his original source of legacy will turn into a source of defeat and shame. history will likely vindicate the public of any wrongdoing if the freedom tower turn out to be a total disaster and treat trump like a hero, and people of the future will vent their anger at pataki and his cronies instead.

the one really apparent benefit of trump's actions is that it helps to refocus the public on restoration of the wtc as well as pataki's incompetence in getting construction started at the wtc site, and let them realize that actions need to be taken to get things going again. even if the twins can't be rebuilt, there will be greater pressure for better and more powerful architecture at the wtc site.

but if this ground zero stalemate can last until pataki leave office and if elliot spitzer (or whoever replaces him) realizes the importance of rebuilding the twins to repair the wounds of that fateful day, then the possibility definitely becomes real...

i just hope what trump's doing rite now is not in vain...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah it has made an impact on the whole situation no question, lets hope things speed up from here on out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts