Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surprised that there was no thread for Chandigarh airport, so starting one to post related articles.:)

Source: Infrawindow

L&T bags Rs 314cr airport project in Chandigarh

The Airport Authority of India (AAI) has awarded the new Chandigarh International Airport project to Larsen & Toubro entailing an investment of Rs 314 crore. The works including construction of an integrated terminal building is set to start soon. The new state-of-the-art terminal would come up in two-and-a-half years that will handle 2.5 million passengers.

AAI sources said that the terminal, which would come up on an area of 40,000 sqm, would be modeled on the lines of the Delhi airport's T3 terminal with an elevated road, which has already been constructed to help passengers reach the departure area on the first floor and the exit would be on the ground floor. The terminal would have the facilities to handle 1,100 domestic and 500 international passengers at a given time and it would be equipped with three aerobridges in the first stage of the project.

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Based on what they have announced till now, its only Amritsar that will be connected to AUH, not Chandigarh.
I read somewhere Amritsar was denied but Chandigarh was on the list. I hope Chandigarh gets international flights it would be a boon to residents of Haryana, Himachel, and Punjab. I don't understand why Chandigarh always gets the short end of the stick when it comes to flights. It has a beautiful airport but it's severely underutilized. BTW I'm from Houston as well!

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Mast Malang
5,137 Posts
AirAsia launches daily flight to Jaipur, Chandigarh

JAIPUR: Low cost carrier AirAsia today started its services in northern India
with the launch of daily direct flights to Jaipur and Chandigarh
from Bangalore. AirAsia India CEO Mittu Chandilya, who was here on the
Bangalore-Jaipur launch flight, said both the cities have great potential to
expand and hence the airline has set aggressive targets and beginning of flights
to the two new routes was a part of the business strategy.
Link

1 - 20 of 80 Posts