Reactions: Zaz965

·
16,787 Posts
Really? Never heard of 'Changchun'.

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,499 Posts
Really? Never heard of 'Changchun'.
me neither thats why i looked it up on wikipedia. its in in the north of the country. nearest mentional city would be shenyang (about 290km)

·
Registered
25,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm so glad to see this one may be coming soon. This tower is the main landmark of a masterplan that has been in the pipeline for several years, I thought it would become a never built project in the end.

Another northeast city joining the supertall club. Hopefully Harbin will follow. There're so many huge cities in China with no supertall projects on going. I'm guess we'll have threads for many of them in the coming years.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Northeast is an interesting area. Shenyang and Dalian is already going for a unique skyline while Changchun and Harbin lags behind, but that will change after this tower is built. :)

I like the design by Xiandai (Modern) #3.

·
Get Silly!
2,408 Posts
Harbin has a nice skyline, but you are definitly right, it needs supertalls. Hopefully some will come soon. :eek:kay:

·
The Picture Guy
611 Posts
#3's main tower is the best. But that U-shaped building on the next block is hideous.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
actually all of them look quite nice. The first one looks kinda familiar, well the second one is just boxy, so I am gonna go with the third one. We have a few forumers from Changchun on SSC, maybe they can provide more information about this project.

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,499 Posts
#3's main tower is the best. But that U-shaped building on the next block is hideous.
i agree. i like the third render the most too

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,499 Posts
Oh, maybe :( Too many people ask "where's this city" anyway :D
most likely because google is such a new invention and most people do not know it yet :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
looks cool, cant wait for renders

the city has about 7.5 Million inhabitants
Actually no , that's the Changchun administrative zone . The city itself is roughly 2-3 million . Still pretty big but not 7.5 million .
Because of China's population and the great rift between rural and urban development , there's little point in defining cities the way N. Americans might.

Anyway , as I'm living in Changchun , it's nice to finally see a thread on this . I'll be happy to get updates on it when it finally gets started .

1 - 20 of 34 Posts