Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
4,258 Posts

Changchun Light Rail Transit (Changchun LRT) is a on-ground rail mass transit system in the city of Changchun, Jilin province, China. It is said to be the first light rail transit system on mainland China. The initial phase of Line 3 was completed in 2001, the 2nd phase was completed in 2007. Thus the construction of Line 3 has been totally finished. Line 4 opened in 2011. The current total length of the route is 51 km with 49 stations. The system will be added by three lines of conventional underground metro.

Changchun LRT map 2020

Opening

2020: Line 1 Beihuan Lu - Chechang
2020: Line 2 Xihu - Dongfeng Square

·
The Explorer
5,130 Posts
^^ Thanks for sharing. :)

When will Lines 1 and 2 start their respective constructions?

·
PRESIDENT OF SPACE
1,748 Posts
I always thought the Changchun LRT was a cool system, it reminds me of the light rail lines in North American cities and seems unusual for Asia.

If you excluded the surviving pre-war tram lines of Japan that were modernized with LRV fleets and new stations, would this, along with the Kowloon trams, basically be the only totally new ones in Asia? I suppose Tianjin has that funny 1-rail tram thing?

It's a bit unique compared to the similarly designed subways that most Chinese cities have or are getting.

·
PC LOAD LETTER
7,830 Posts
If you excluded the surviving pre-war tram lines of Japan that were modernized with LRV fleets and new stations, would this, along with the Kowloon trams, basically be the only totally new ones in Asia?
There's also a new system in the capital of Israel, which is in Asia, and a few in Asia Minor, Turkey.

·
3,242 Posts
I always thought the Changchun LRT was a cool system, it reminds me of the light rail lines in North American cities and seems unusual for Asia.

If you excluded the surviving pre-war tram lines of Japan that were modernized with LRV fleets and new stations, would this, along with the Kowloon trams, basically be the only totally new ones in Asia? I suppose Tianjin has that funny 1-rail tram thing?

It's a bit unique compared to the similarly designed subways that most Chinese cities have or are getting.
Shanghai also has that funny 1-rail tram thingy.

·
PRESIDENT OF SPACE
1,748 Posts
There's also a new system in the capital of Israel, which is in Asia, and a few in Asia Minor, Turkey.
:|

Maybe I should have said Pacific/East Asia.

Pyongyang tram opened in 1991.
I didn't know it was that "recent". Interesting.

Still I think you could safely say that the Changchun LRT is one of it's kind.

·
126,996 Posts
A light rail train runs on snow-covered track in Changchun, capital of northeast China's Jilin Province, Nov. 19, 2013. Northeast China has been battling the first blizzard of the winter for a fourth day. (Xinhua/Xu Chang)

·
Leudimin
No 41, not good
9,013 Posts
Apart from the two light metro lines, I already knew that Changchun had a tram line, numbered 54. But while surfing the internet, I discovered that on August 25 Changchun opened a branch known as line 55 that extends all the way out to the West (High Speed) station.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Do you know anything about Changchun's first "real metro" lines?

According to Wiki, Line 1 should open this year, but it's been really quiet so far.

There were photos or news about trial runs of other systems supposed to open this year (Dongguan, Fuzhou, Nanning, Hefei, Lanzhou), but Changchun is suspiciously lacking.

·
18,281 Posts
Do you know anything about Changchun's first "real metro" lines?

According to Wiki, Line 1 should open this year, but it's been really quiet so far.

There were photos or news about trial runs of other systems supposed to open this year (Dongguan, Fuzhou, Nanning, Hefei, Lanzhou), but Changchun is suspiciously lacking.
According to the last progress, Line 1 is expected to be completed by April 2017

1 - 20 of 88 Posts