Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Leudimin
No 41, not good
9,080 Posts
Apart from the two light metro lines, I already knew that Changchun had a tram line, numbered 54. But while surfing the internet, I discovered that on August 25 Changchun opened a branch known as line 55 that extends all the way out to the West (High Speed) station.

·
Leudimin
No 41, not good
9,080 Posts
Per the latest news, line 1 is now completed and under test runnings. The first heavy metro line of Changchun should open by the end of current year.

Also, I've caught the latest short-term plans (They say up to 2022, but I won't be surprised if it takes up to 2025 to complete this). Five new lines and three extensions to existing and U/C lines totalling 135,4 km are included, the breakdown is as follows.
1st phase of line 5: Xinan Shuniu to Dongdaqiao, 20,5 km; 18 stations. Southwest-Northeast line, to be extended to 49,8 km and 38 stations at a later date.
Line 6: Yuanjiadian to Chang[chun] Ying Shijicheng, 29,8 km; 22 stations, all underground. East-West line through the South of the city.
1st phase of line 7: Qiche Gongyuan to Donghuan Lu, 23,7 km; 19 stations, all underground. Another East-West line, to be extended at a later date to Chelianduan (depot :nuts:) and Taiping Cun for a total of 43,8 km and 36 stations
1st phase of Airport line: Zhongchuan Beijie to Zhaojiagang Dong, 33,6 km; 11 stations. To be extended at a later date to Paoziyan Cun for a total of 73,6 km and 23 stations.
1st phase of Shuangyan line: Changchun Wushijiu Zhong[xue] to Sheling, 11 km, 2 stations (so a shuttle from the end of line 3 at first). To be extended at a later date to Shuangyang Nan and Lanjia Zhen Xi for a total of 82,2 km and 24 stations.
Line 2 Eastern extension: Dong Shuniu to Zhaojiagang Dong, 8,2 km; 5 stations. Line 2 is currently U/C from Xihu to Dong Shuniu, and is expected to open in 2018.
Line 3 Southern extension (in order to connect Shuangyang line to the rest of the network): Chang[chun] Ying Shijicheng to Changchun Wushijiu Zhong[xue], 3,3 km; 2 stations. I've read they are grade-separating part of this light rail line.
Line 4 Southern extension: Chechang to Zhaojiatun, 7 km, 8 stations, all elevated.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the first report of these plans in a language other than literal Chinese. Anyway, they should do one thing now: Rename either Linhe Jie or Weixing Lu to match the other station name!

·
Leudimin
No 41, not good
9,080 Posts
It has been officially announced that line 1, which despite its number it's the third line to open 15 years after line 3, is opening on June 30. This will be the first underground line of Changchun "Railway Traffic" [sic], although not the first "full metro" line (Line 4 is fully grade separated and can be considered as such).

·
Leudimin
No 41, not good
9,080 Posts
As I've already said, line 1 is opening on Friday. However it won't feature any interchanges with line 3 for the time being, as Changchun Zhan station (the one to the South of the railway station, there's also Changchun Zhan Bei to the North (bei) of it which will feature the interchange with line 4 from day one) is not ready yet as line 3 is being extended eastwards underground, and Weixing Guangchang doesn't have transfer corridors either, this may be related to a new underground section of line 3 replacing the current at-grade alignment that will also suppress several at-grade crossings, thus bringing line 3 to almost full metro standards (there is still an at-grade crossing just outside Huaxuechang near the Southeastern end of the line).

·
Leudimin
No 41, not good
9,080 Posts
This month some names of stations on Line 1 are changing.

• Northern Stop of Changchun Railway Station --> Beihuanchenglu (Changchun Railway Station (N))
  • Ertonggongyuan --> Jiefangdalu (Jiefang Avenue)
  • Dongzhiwuyuan --> Dongbeishida (Northeast Normal University)
  • Nanbuxincheng --> Huaqinglu (Huaqing Road)
  • Hongjuzi --> Hongzuizi

New station names:

http://news.sina.com.cn/o/2017-12-01/doc-ifyphxwa7414047.shtml
Changchun Zhan Bei isn't being renamed. Beihuan is (to Beihuancheng Lu).

·
Leudimin
No 41, not good
9,080 Posts
There is silence in Ditiezu about line 2 opening, so it may not be opening this month. The only news about that line there is that the Western extension past Xihu is now U/C.
Fixed link. I've seen that line as both line 8 and Beihu line, I wonder what they will use in the end. I remember in Wuhan what was known as line 21 during construction ended up opening as the Yangluo line (however since I'm 'numberist' I still refer to it as line 21).

·
Leudimin
No 41, not good
9,080 Posts
Okay, the 3rd phase is now approved, and no significant cuts have been done. The following lines and extensions will be added to Changchun subway in the next few years:
1. Eastern extension of line 2, Dongfang Guangchang to Zhaojiagang Dong, 8.2 km, 5 stations. Line 2 is opening at the end of September, exact date TBC.
2. Southern extension of line 3, Chang[chun] Ying Shijicheng to Changchung Wushijiu Zhong[xue], 3.3 km, 2 stations. I won't be surprised if they start this at Huaxuechang in order to remove the at-grade crossing and thus finally making this a full, albeit light, metro line (The existing line from Changchun station to Weixing Guangchang is being upgraded as of now)
3. Southern extension of line 4, Chechang to Zhaojiatun, 7 km, 8 stations
4. 1st phase of line 5, Xinan Shuniu to Dongdaqiao, 20.5 km, 18 stations
5. Line 6, Shuangfeng to Chang[chun] Ying Shijicheng, 29.8 km, 22 stations
6. 1st phase of line 7, Qiche Gongyuan to Donghuancheng Lu, 23.7 km, 19 stations
7. 1st phase of line S1 (a.k.a. Konggang, or Airport, line), Zhaojiagang Dong to Zhongchuan Beijie, 33.6 km, 11 stations, also serving Jiutai district beyond Longjia airport.
8. 1st phase of line S2 (a.k.a. Shuangyan line), Changchun Wushijiu Zhong[xue] to Sheling, 11 km, 3 stations

·
Leudimin
No 41, not good
9,080 Posts
Well, this caught me. The opening was confirmed with very short notice, and thus I thought it would open a month later. Anyway, line 2 has been opened from Shuangfeng to Dongfang Guangchang, with Xihu moved to the Western extension that started construction recently, thus running over 21.2 km with 18 stations. There are no direct transfers to line 3 (which is being grade separated in that section) or line 4 (as it runs elevated while line 2 is underground), only to line 1 at Jiefang Dadao. Changchun Subway is now at 84 km in length (also includes sections in open air :D), of which 53 are full metro (i.e. fully grade-separated, as line 4 is a light metro line) and 31 are light rail.

·
Leudimin
No 41, not good
9,080 Posts
As always, when some long awaited opening takes place I miss out another, this time line 8 a.k.a. Beihu line earlier this week (Confirmed by Ditiezu posts and Baidu maps showing it). I see they have deleted one station from the original plan and renamed several others. In addition as it is fully grade separated it qualifies as a full, albeit light, metro line (It would be a light rail line if it had at-grade crossings). According to my data Changchun subway stands at 65.7 km (only counting full metro lines, i.e. those that are powers of 2), and at 96.8 km (if light rail line 3 is included), Wikipedia has it at 68.8 and 100.7 km respectively as like always I have something missing. Right now Changchun is the city with the least km of metro U/C among those with metro in operation of mainland China (if I said just "China" I would be wrong because AFAIK Gaoxiong in Taiwan has nothing U/C now), although several lines are approved for the short term.

·
Leudimin
No 41, not good
9,080 Posts
We missed the addition of one station to line 1 on January 26. It's Changchun Zhan (railway station), which finally provides a direct interchange between metro and light rail. No new mileage was added.

·
Leudimin
No 41, not good
9,080 Posts
Somehow there are two ghost posts. Now the new page should be accesible.

I was able to confirm line 9, also known as the Konggang (Airport) line and previously known as line S1, is under construction, and in fact it has been so even before it was approved. Now I hope they start the Eastern extension of line 2 soon, otherwise line 9 would end in the middle of nowhere to the East of the city.

·
Leudimin
No 41, not good
9,080 Posts
That line started construction on the year end wave. In the last month another line, line 7, also started construction. And yet another line, line 5, is about to start construction as well if not already. Changchun is really hitting the throttle when it comes to metro construction.

·
Leudimin
No 41, not good
9,080 Posts
I knew I would be missing something in the year's end wave, and indeed, I did. On December 31 line 3 was extended by 2 stations and 2.4 km, from Changchun railway station to Weimanhuang Gong... well, on the map, because the new section actually starts near Xi'anqiao, with the new location for it and the one for Furongqiao yet to reopen. On the other hand, this is the definitive end for Liaoningqiao. I missed it because line 3 is not a metro line despite being numbered as one, but a light rail one as there are still some level crossings along the way. IDK if there are still plans to grade separate them, thus allowing line 3 to become a full, albeit light, metro line (I know for sure the one near the Southern end is planned to go away with the extension).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts