Skyscraper City Forum banner
81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Leudimin
No 41, not good
9,079 Posts
Somehow there are two ghost posts. Now the new page should be accesible.

I was able to confirm line 9, also known as the Konggang (Airport) line and previously known as line S1, is under construction, and in fact it has been so even before it was approved. Now I hope they start the Eastern extension of line 2 soon, otherwise line 9 would end in the middle of nowhere to the East of the city.

·
Leudimin
No 41, not good
9,079 Posts
That line started construction on the year end wave. In the last month another line, line 7, also started construction. And yet another line, line 5, is about to start construction as well if not already. Changchun is really hitting the throttle when it comes to metro construction.

·
PC LOAD LETTER
7,893 Posts
western extension of Line 2 opens 2021.10.08.

There are 3 stations, and it's 4.36 km long.

Jieda Avenue station:

Now Line 2 is 24.9 km.

What else can I say? To paraphrase Jack Hues, "Everybody Changchun Tonight!!!"

·
Leudimin
No 41, not good
9,079 Posts
I knew I would be missing something in the year's end wave, and indeed, I did. On December 31 line 3 was extended by 2 stations and 2.4 km, from Changchun railway station to Weimanhuang Gong... well, on the map, because the new section actually starts near Xi'anqiao, with the new location for it and the one for Furongqiao yet to reopen. On the other hand, this is the definitive end for Liaoningqiao. I missed it because line 3 is not a metro line despite being numbered as one, but a light rail one as there are still some level crossings along the way. IDK if there are still plans to grade separate them, thus allowing line 3 to become a full, albeit light, metro line (I know for sure the one near the Southern end is planned to go away with the extension).

81 - 89 of 89 Posts