SkyscraperCity banner

221 - 240 of 264 Posts

·
Construction Updater
3,228 Posts
This will be, I guess, the first supertall made of prefabricated materials. Looking at this one gives me some clear pictures of the construction process that (if it EVER gets built, because we don't know for certain if yes or no) Sky City will go thru.

·
♥ Living & loving! ♥
1,156 Posts
^^ Small Sky City, now even smaller. :sad2:

Lets wait for some pics... whenever.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This strikes me as a classic case of underestimating the speed of disruptive technology hitting primetime. You see this all the time in large complicated industries, like skyscrapers or space travel where a newcomer will promise all sorts of things by 20XX with their fancy new technologies, making them seem almost trivial. Then reality sets in, deadlines are missed, and giant projects become much smaller ones.

It doesn't necessarily mean they're not going to do what they said they would, but I do think it means this was a lot more complicated than they thought it would be, and its going to take a lot more time. Disruption is hard.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Also this might actually be above 200m tall. J97 was supposed to be 349m tall,this is 57 stories tall 349/97=3.6m per floor*57=205m tall?

Double posted because I think this needed a bit more publicity

·
pooh bear
7,274 Posts
Quite impressive, a HUGE building, something bigger and more impressive for Broad. This might be the largest prefab building in the world?

·
Urban Hermit
5,464 Posts
Also this might actually be above 200m tall. J97 was supposed to be 349m tall,this is 57 stories tall 349/97=3.6m per floor*57=205m tall?

Double posted because I think this needed a bit more publicity
J97 had a big spire. Need to factor that in in your calculation.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Maybe im just crazy but I actually like the design,I find it way superior to the majority of chinese residential buildings in looks
Well, it is right that it looks better then many chinese residental buildings, but i think that the quality of design of many residental buildings in china is pretty low. Don't get me wrong, I love chinese skylines, but there major blemish are the residental blocks IMO.

221 - 240 of 264 Posts