SkyscraperCity Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1541 - 1560 of 2525 Posts

·
Yes We Can !
3,101 Posts
Foundation ceremony! But this will take far longer then expected as they have to excavate the basement until - 6F plus piling the traditional way....

·
Yes We Can !
3,101 Posts
So end of the year we could see some piles being drilled, next year around this time it could start rise if they are fast....

·
Yes We Can !
3,101 Posts
it looks like it, but still will take a long time to rise....

- Hey wait, I just was the first to comment on the start of construction of the next WTB! (Apart from fgvfc58 of course who published the great news)!!!!

·
whitest boy in the delta
14,691 Posts
the clock is ticking now broad, deliver what you promised :p. but no matter how long it takes, it will be amazing, even with normal building methods they still can finish the buiding before Kingdom Tower. With their high-speed method, i hope we can have the building open in 2017 :cheers: so that we can continue the every 7 years a new worlds tallest trend one last time.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
WOW. That update was like being hit with hummer :nuts:

·
Yes We Can !
3,101 Posts
Reactions: TowerVerre:)

·
whitest boy in the delta
14,691 Posts
a lot of heavy machinary is there already, hope we can move this to prep soon :cheers:
if it does start preparation soon and digging it will be quite a bit behind of the construction of Kingdom Tower, but there is no doubt that unless something goes wrong this building will still finish faster even with common building methods. since as people stated already we do not expect a brand new method of excavation and/or groundworks broad can only show if their methods works when everything is at ground level again. it will be amazing to see Kingdom Tower and Skycity race upwards into the sky though. Sky City will rise half a year or a year after Kingdom Tower started rising, but then may shot into the sky a lot faster and catch up, we will see

·
whitest boy in the delta
14,691 Posts
agree, the foundation will go in the normal way and will take at least half a year.
also there will be 6 basement floors, so the hole will be as big as other chinese megatalls. the question is if underground floors can be assembled with the broad method once the time comes. i for one am very curious to see how fast this method will end up being. i expect them to be a lot faster than normal construction, but not as fast as they say :cheers: if they manage to pull of an average of 1m a day once it starts rising i am more than satified already :nuts:

·
whitest boy in the delta
14,691 Posts
no doubt that they try it now :cheers: and even if the construction method does not speed up things significantly, this building will still break records in roof height, number of floors, probably also usable floor for a single tower!

Reactions: TowerVerre:)

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
And of course the floor space. It may not be the prettiest building in the world but it's a building people will actually use unlike burj-like statue concentrated solely on height.

·
whitest boy in the delta
14,691 Posts
even the spire does not get thinner and thinner and end in a tip, but rather go up an end with the broad logo, overall a very solid design i would say and something although simple, far different from anything we have seen yet. if successful it will revolutionize architecture.

·
I love Skyscrapers
35,106 Posts
no doubt that they try it now :cheers: and even if the construction method does not speed up things significantly, this building will still break records in roof height, number of floors, probably also usable floor for a single tower!
this will break the 200 floors mark, which is at least as great as the 1000m mark to me.

·
Registered
368 Posts
So, will you really be able to go up to the spire? I highly doubt it - I mean, the renderings look quite unrealistic with the spire having a platform without any safe railing, and the only access being an open stairway - in a height of 800m? No way!

1541 - 1560 of 2525 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.