Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 5.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
In The Ghetto
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although mainly liked, seems to have split opinions on the Manchester Forum, lets see what other peoples thoughts are.

Developer is Dandara.

Height: 125m
Floors:41

Quite like it myself, a nice tidy, modern scraper, if a little uninspiring but adds some much needed bulk to the skyline :)

·
Disco and drugs trade
15,945 Posts
Well, it's nice, and at 125 pretty high, a few years ago that would have made it the second tallist in Manchester(?), and taller than anything that the BT tower in Brum for example, but, it's a very poor releation to both the Beecham Tower and Eastgate building, so, hmmm.. 6 out of 10.

Maybe of they put some curves or spire or something that wasn't just a(n other) glass box...

·
In The Ghetto
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would like for the river to used better, but 100 years + of indutrialisation have but paid to that really, and lets be honest its not the Thames or the Seine is it?

·
Second Citizen
16,929 Posts
It's OK, they could have done more with it to be honest, but it depends on whether the developer wants to concentrate on interior or exterior - maybe the market is shifting so that the focus is now on the inside?

I will give it 6/10 - tidy, not bad, and the wonder of boxes is that you get the optimum number of apartments (I assume it is apartments?)

·
Registered
134 Posts
come on guys this is shocking... theres no excuse for crap like this in our day an age... when u think of some of teh amazing buildings out there an look at the quality of teh others its shocking.. 1... the only saving grace is teh height an location

·
I love those crazy dutch
11,656 Posts
8/10 - it's a bit boring. Before Beetham we would have been screaming and wetting ourselves over something like this, but with Eastgate and now this, well.. I want to see more than glass boxes. It's going to be a nice addition to the skyline, eitherway and it makes good use of the space, though I do feel sory for the Residents of The Edge when that's going up besides them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.