Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 5.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
In The Ghetto
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although mainly liked, seems to have split opinions on the Manchester Forum, lets see what other peoples thoughts are.

Developer is Dandara.

Height: 125m
Floors:41

Quite like it myself, a nice tidy, modern scraper, if a little uninspiring but adds some much needed bulk to the skyline :)

·
Disco and drugs trade
15,947 Posts
Well, it's nice, and at 125 pretty high, a few years ago that would have made it the second tallist in Manchester(?), and taller than anything that the BT tower in Brum for example, but, it's a very poor releation to both the Beecham Tower and Eastgate building, so, hmmm.. 6 out of 10.

Maybe of they put some curves or spire or something that wasn't just a(n other) glass box...

·
In The Ghetto
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A couple of years ago it would have been Manchesters tallest building, its taller than CIS, as it is we'll just have to settle for it being Salfords tallest tower!!

·
Disco and drugs trade
15,947 Posts
Think about it, that's taller than HCT in Brum now, Bloody CAA.

Dosn't make much of the River location does it?

But then the River is rather bured at the moment isn't it?

·
In The Ghetto
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would like for the river to used better, but 100 years + of indutrialisation have but paid to that really, and lets be honest its not the Thames or the Seine is it?

·
Second Citizen
16,937 Posts
It's OK, they could have done more with it to be honest, but it depends on whether the developer wants to concentrate on interior or exterior - maybe the market is shifting so that the focus is now on the inside?

I will give it 6/10 - tidy, not bad, and the wonder of boxes is that you get the optimum number of apartments (I assume it is apartments?)

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
7/10 because it's in Manchester, as it is quite tall for where it is. I would have rated 5 had it been in London. It kinda looks ike half the Beetham tower.

·
Registered
134 Posts
come on guys this is shocking... theres no excuse for crap like this in our day an age... when u think of some of teh amazing buildings out there an look at the quality of teh others its shocking.. 1... the only saving grace is teh height an location

·
I love those crazy dutch
11,551 Posts
8/10 - it's a bit boring. Before Beetham we would have been screaming and wetting ourselves over something like this, but with Eastgate and now this, well.. I want to see more than glass boxes. It's going to be a nice addition to the skyline, eitherway and it makes good use of the space, though I do feel sory for the Residents of The Edge when that's going up besides them.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Like the tower, but not it's proximaty to the edge buildings (think thats what they're called), not sure about the commie block. 7/10

1 - 20 of 20 Posts