SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I regularly take photos at work and decided I would begin posting some of them here. Nothing professional of course, since I wouldn't want to drop an expensive camera and destroy it. :laugh:

Uptown looking from the old EMS Headquarters, now known as Post 61. Natives will know this building as the current Medical Examiner's Office.

Side of a MEDIC ambulance parked within the Presbyterian Hospital ER entrance.

Presbyterian Main on a slow night.

Presbyterian Huntersville with Presby Critical Care Transport Ambulance parked next to our ambulance.

Carolina's Medical Center ER on a typical night.

Reflection of a Paramedic's favorite place to eat in the morning. :)

A car accident on South Blvd. involving an intoxicated, unlicensed illegal immigrant. :eek:hno:

I will post more as I take them.

-M

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Nice idea for a thread :eek:kay: Good pictures, too!!! The transmission fluid (I assume) on the ground, in the last photo, makes it look like blood was spilled... Hopefully nobody died in that crash.

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
cool. nice to see another side of the city.

-

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Yeah, really good idea for a thread. It's hard to get a "day in the life" perspective of a city through a photo thread.

I was born at Presby Main ;)

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Cool pictures - & that is a good side of downtown. Used to go to Mercy a lot b/c of my grandmother was there.

Also I like your nickname - 'anti-citizen'.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!

I need to get some shots of Mercy Main and the older structures of Presbyterian. I work Wed and Thurs and will get some more shots of hospitals.

RE: Accident. - Nobody was injured significantly. I won't post gore.. I promise. :colgate:

·
Charlotte
684 Posts
Great photos.

On a side note, one of the best pictures I ever saw of the Charlotte skyline was in a recent magazine add for Carolinas Medical Center. The shot was taken from the top of the roof, on the helicopter landing site. If I find it again, I'll try to scan it. I doubt I would be able to get up there under "normal" circumstances.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Carolina Blue said:
Great photos.

On a side note, one of the best pictures I ever saw of the Charlotte skyline was in a recent magazine add for Carolinas Medical Center. The shot was taken from the top of the roof, on the helicopter landing site. If I find it again, I'll try to scan it. I doubt I would be able to get up there under "normal" circumstances.
I will get up there and take a photo, but it won't be with a good camera. There is also a good view from Presby's ICU. I will try to get those as well.

·
3rd Coast
1,123 Posts
Cool pictures. In the first picture is there a hangar in the building? :eek2: If so, bad ass, reminds me of some futuristic movie or show like Star Wars.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LOL.. yeah, that is the trading floor of Hearst. I am going to take my camera out tonight and see what I come up with.

@Style- I spoke with my friends at MedCenter Air and you are welcome to go up there, I just need to know when you are available so I can schedule a time with someone I know.

·
King of the Queen
2,164 Posts
CLT_MEDIC said:
@Style- I spoke with my friends at MedCenter Air and you are welcome to go up there, I just need to know when you are available so I can schedule a time with someone I know.
thanks man. that sounds amazing. anytime works for me. any evening time this weekend or anytime next week would work just fine. or day too? just let me know!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts