Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This list contains projects in uptown and the surrounding immediate areas.
A lot of the information were taken from the Charlotte Center City Partners 2017 Development Report. Others from articles and wikipedia...so the information may not be up to date. I probably miss some developments and likely made mistakes somewhere. Feel free to point them out and I will correct them in a couple of months...will try my best to update them quarterly.

·
McSAME and FAILIN
1,346 Posts
401 South Graham will be around 400 feet tall and around 31-33 floors tall. Will be mix of Office & Residential. Similar in design, cladding, and programming to PNC Center in Raleigh. Nobody post this on Urban Planet, it won't be seen by anyone who will get mad at me for sharing here. lol.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
401 South Graham will be around 400 feet tall and around 31-33 floors tall. Will be mix of Office & Residential. Similar in design, cladding, and programming to PNC Center in Raleigh. Nobody post this on Urban Planet, it won't be seen by anyone who will get mad at me for sharing here. lol.
Thanks, will try to update the spreadsheet this weekend.

·
Registered
107 Posts
401 S Graham??? I haven't heard anything about this one. Would be awesome no doubt. I love the fact it's on a small lot, so the footprint should take pretty much the whole lot I would suspect. Those are the kind of projects that create some real density. Obviously I love the height. Especially, nice seeing as how I knew nothing of this one. Assuming this gets built, MLK is developing quite the little corridor through it's part of Uptown. Can't wait to hear a bit more about it.

·
Registered
753 Posts
If I'm remembering correctly, at one time, 401 was thought to be the site of David Furman's envisioned residential highrise, called HomeBase. (or HomePlate?)

It seems like that proposal fell thru or something.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I'm remembering correctly, at one time, 401 was thought to be the site of David Furman's envisioned residential highrise, called HomeBase. (or HomePlate?)

It seems like that proposal fell thru or something.
About 10 years ago, Furman had a site under contract at the corner of Graham Street and Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard for a project called “Home Plate Lofts.” Now Furman, head of development firm Centro Cityworks, is working to resurrect the development, according to real estate sources.
https://www.bizjournals.com/charlot...-developer-architect-dusts-off-plans-for.html

The 2016 article also mentioned that he was working on 3 projects in uptown...10 Tryon is the only one I'm aware of. I believe his firm designed Montage, but not sure if that counts.

·
McSAME and FAILIN
1,346 Posts
https://www.bizjournals.com/charlot...-developer-architect-dusts-off-plans-for.html

The 2016 article also mentioned that he was working on 3 projects in uptown...10 Tryon is the only one I'm aware of. I believe his firm designed Montage, but not sure if that counts.
David indeed tried to Develop this land twice. First time was 25 floors dubbed Home Plate Lofts. Second was around 30 floors, also called Home Plate Lofts. First time died because the recession, 2nd time it failed because he was not the highest bidder. From what I understand 4 people bid on this parcel.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Just found out the never built 631 N. Tryon was a partnership between Dominion Realty, Flagship Capital, and Centro CityWorks.

Does 401 S Graham look anything like 631 N Tryon?

http://www.richterdevelopment.com/631-north-tryon---office.html

·
Registered
107 Posts
https://www.bizjournals.com/charlot...rthwood-office-files-for-11-story-office.html
should add this one too. Ballantyne, 11 story office by Northwood Investors. I hope they switch it up a bit material wise. Ballantyne could be so much better than it is. Reminds me of like an industrial park but with office. Way too monotonous and bland. Gives off the impression you just want to blend in so no one knows you've taken space there. But they probably have an ordinance that everyone be the same for all I know

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
https://www.bizjournals.com/charlot...rthwood-office-files-for-11-story-office.html
should add this one too. Ballantyne, 11 story office by Northwood Investors. I hope they switch it up a bit material wise. Ballantyne could be so much better than it is. Reminds me of like an industrial park but with office. Way too monotonous and bland. Gives off the impression you just want to blend in so no one knows you've taken space there. But they probably have an ordinance that everyone be the same for all I know
You can just create a thread for Ballantyne...trying to limit the list to uptown and the immediate surrounding neighborhoods. If I add this, then I have to add projects in U-City, Southpark, Waverly etc. And that's a lot...

Edit: Maybe I'll make an exception, for buildings 10+ fl outside these areas.

·
Registered
107 Posts
You can just create a thread for Ballantyne...trying to limit the list to uptown and the immediate surrounding neighborhoods. If I add this, then I have to add projects in U-City, Southpark, Waverly etc. And that's a lot...

Edit: Maybe I'll make an exception, for buildings 10+ fl outside these areas.
Yeah, I thought about doing that. Only posted it here because it is over 10 stories.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts