Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This little thread will be in 3 parts. Enjoy! :cheers:

Charlotte is the largest city in the Carolinas and the second most important banking center
in the USA (after New York City). Currently, there are more than 2.1 million people in the
metro area.

Charlotte City Hall.

Three Wachovia Center and 400 South Tryon.

400 South Tryon and St. Peter's Catholic Church.

United States Post Office and Court House.

One Wachovia Center.

Two Wachovia Center.

A great cluster.

A book sculpture.

Bank of America Stadium is home to the Carolina Panthers NFL football team.

Here, kitty kitty....

Avenue. Construction is expected to be finished in 2007.

201 North Tryon and Hearst Tower.

Hearst Tower is the second tallest in Charlotte. It is 659 ft. (201 m.) tall and was
completed in 2002.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
DenverDane, much like the other threads you put together for us, this is yet-another excellent photo tour. Charlotte looks good and it is getting better every day. A ton of impressive residential - and not only - projects will add significant population to the core of the city. Can't to see the sequels ;)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you, all, for the nice comments! :) Time for part 2 (of 3).

----------

Charlotte Convention Center and The Westin Charlotte.

Bank of America Corporate Center was completed in 1992. It is 871 ft. (265 m.) tall, making
it the tallest building in the Carolinas.

TradeMark and the Carillon Tower.

First Baptist Church.

Charlotte Public Library.

Seventh Street Station parking garage.

Interstate Tower.

In the center of Charlotte are four sculptures surrounding Independence Square. These
symbolize the city's past.

The mill worker representing the textile industry.

A railroad worker representing transportation.

A gold miner representing commerce.

A mother and her child representing the future.

Charlotte Plaza.

·
Deep South Pillsbury
560 Posts
Wow, those are amazing photos of Charlotte. I really love that town. I once spent a Sunday afternoon doing bellyflops onto the thousand dollar couches inside the BOA building.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Loved the additional photos :eek:kay:

One good look at the Seventh Street Station parking garage and we should realize that parking decks can be built as nice and elegant structures, not just as lifeless "vehicle containers". Charlotte has been doing a lot of nice things to build a pleasant urban core. I also liked the last photo (Charlotte Plaza) :eek:kay: Thanks for sharing these great photos with us!!!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Nice shots. A couple of these are among the better angles I've seen (especially on Charlotte Plaza, which is a damned hard building to photograph effectively).

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
Wow, those are amazing photos of Charlotte. I really love that town. I once spent a Sunday afternoon doing bellyflops onto the thousand dollar couches inside the BOA building.
:lol:

Anyways great photos of Charlotte!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Charlotte is one of my favorites cities, I love to walk its uptown during any season of the year. On a saturday evening is nice to watch weddings; brides and grooms going down the streets, people dressed up, families taking pictures; it is fun.
DenverDane thanks, you have been doing a good job with these threads.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Thanks Denver Dane!

Do you take requests? hehhee I keep reading that Charlotte's IJL Tower has a lovely street plaza. I've never gotten to see it!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Great photos. One building you listed looks a lot like a slightly shorter version of Nashville's L&C Tower. It is the building marked as "Trademark and the Carillon Tower".

BOA and Hearst are always impressive.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@Piper-Pig: Hehehe... Thank you!
@Raleigh-NC: Thanks again, and you're welcome!
@cityboi, Justadude, triadcat, BLESSAROM, daytonsuburbanite: Thanks, guys! Appreciate it.

@lancetop: Hehe, sure, if you pay for the plane ticket... ;) Actually, if the street plaza is so nice, I failed to notice it.... Shame on me.

@Plasticman: Thank you. That would be the TradeMark tower.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
^ I think the street plaza you guys are referring to might be the Transamerica building, which is next door to IJL. I'll try and dig up some pics.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts