SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
King of the Queen
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
reported to attract over 400,000 people to it, speed street is one of the largest events in charlotte. racing is charlotte, and this street event, despite popular belief, was full of everyone in charlotte. i went thursday night so there were less teens from mecklenburg county since we still have school. friday was crazy when i went.

here are the photos.

looking down at hearst tower's plaza.

cheers!

·
Charlotte
684 Posts
Great pics!!! I was surprised how many people where there Thursday night. I went that night too. Speed Street is truly one of the best festivals in Charlotte.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Those pictures are amazing, what kind of camera do you have? I need to get a new digital camera and could benefit from being pointed in the right direction.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah, friday and saturday were pretty rediculous. There wasn't even elbow room to walk. I ended up going to a bar on college st. that had sidewalk tables. Was fun to just people watch, kinda reminded me of being in the village in nyc. So much activity on the street.

I wonder what their going to do next year with the budwieser stage? With wachovia building a new tower in that spot there will be no room on that end of tryon... The Three Doors Down concert filled every bit of that block and then some. Maybe they will make speed street into a cross, going down both trade and tryon. With the arena being finished they could have events around it too.

·
King of the Queen
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^ they'll have to use trade too. but that will pose an intersting problem as they'd have to close down college or church streets. they will probably just extend it down some of the other streets or something. who knows?

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Fantastic photos!!! I was told about this event by another forumer and I was amazed at the number of attendants. It is truly a HUGE event and adds a lot to Uptown. Thanks for sharing these shots with us, Style.

·
Uptown Bound
1,198 Posts
Awesome pics!

I went to Taste of Charlotte this weekend, that was pretty crazy too! And we got kicked out of RiRa, lol, we only wanted to order drinks. And there were a couple of old white homeless dudes dancing to rap in the middle of the street, it was insane. Great food too, I might add. :)

·
King of the Queen
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i went to taste of charlotte with some friends myself. i'll post the photos later tonight or later this week.

thanks everyone!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Anyone go to the Cowboy Mouth concert at Dixies Tavern the other night. I was going to, but they charged 15$ (after advertising 10$) so we went to other bars instead. Was pretty cool having a loud concert outside in uptown like that though. Alot of people were just walking around the college st. area. I swear the night life and street scene are getting better everyday. Cant wait till (edit:)J&W gets all their uptown housing finished and some of the condo towers are filled up, because its still kinda dead during the week.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
^ Funny you should say that, I caught the tail end of Taste of Charlotte and it crossed my mind that every time I go Uptown it seems just a tad more active than the time before. Seeing patios and decks with no seating available, and lines outside of clubs on more than just one street, is something that never seemed to happen even 3 or 5 years ago. The speed of growth is unbelievable.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Mobuchu said:
Anyone go to the Cowboy Mouth concert at Dixies Tavern the other night. I was going to, but they charged 15$ (after advertising 10$) so we went to other bars instead. Was pretty cool having a loud concert outside in uptown like that though. Alot of people were just walking around the college st. area. I swear the night life and street scene are getting better everyday. Cant wait till JCSU gets all their uptown housing finished and some of the condo towers are filled up, because its still kinda dead during the week.
JCSU is building uptown housing?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts