SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Sarcastic Caper
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Charlottetown, PEI: City (2001)-32,245 Census Agglomeration-58,358.

The only thing I remembered from Charlottetown from when I was there before was the Confederation Arts Centre. I wasn't really surprised by Charlottetown, but I did find it incredibly nice. It was definitely nice to stop in there on the way home. These pictures were actually taken over two days, first on the way home, and the other set were on the way back to Fredericton when we decided to stop in again to celebrate our engagement. :cheers:

My Charlottetown sign for the thread...also the hotel we stayed in. They gave us a free quart of white wine on our 2nd time there when we told the desk we just got engaged. :D

My Charlottetown sign for the second time in town

The view from our window the first night.

Our hotel

Kent St

A view down Queen St taken from our first day in town.

City Hall...soon after taking and after waiting in line at the bank, I realized I was parked across from this building with a city truck and a police car across the street and hadn't put money in the meter yet...somehow I didn't get a ticket. :notacrook:

Kent St again, still from the first time in town. St. James Gate is where we went for drinks both times...it wasn't very busy, but it was still lots of fun, and it's apparently the place to go to watch the hockey games (with an enormous projection screen and separate room to watch the game in)

Confederation Court Mall is actually a decent size, seemingly healthy downtown mall. It'd be nice to see more cities be able to pull this off.

These are the photos from the second trip.

A new construction project

A different construction project...this one is on University Ave and is going to be the new Gov't of Canada building.

Queen St. parking garage...I'm guessing this is new construction that's almost finished.

There's no order to the rest of these photos...

This was just behind our hotel

Looking across the park beside our hotel

The Delta Prince Edward...too bad it wasn't more attractive considering it's height and location.

My question...who voted? Unfortunately I wasn't able to find out if it lived up to it's claim.

It started to get dark enough for an auto-flash setting to go off...

So I turned on the "slow-synchro" setting on my camera (long exposure and flash..."long exposure" is 0.5 seconds for my camera)

PEI Legislature...just before taking this photo, the Minister of Tourism asked us if we were "on vacation" and said "thanks for visiting our island". My fiancée thought it might be the camera but it was in my pocket at the time, so I figure it was that PEI doesn't see very many people of Punjabi descent unless their tourists. After reading his business card, and finding out from that he was minister of tourism, I chuckled and said "thought so".

Just before leaving the city the first time, a random woman waiting at a walk light after picking up her shopping bag told us "I'd better pick that up now! I'm likely to forget it here," and then went on to tell us how accident prone she was and how she had knocked down displays in two different stores earlier that week. When she found out I was from Cape Breton, she told us you could see it from the eastern tip of the island on a clear day, and said "I hear Cape Breton is nice! It's where Rita [MacNeil] is from, it must be a great place." To my surprise, she was serious!

Thus concludes my Charlottetown tour. Hope you enjoyed...next is Fredericton.

·
The good old days are now
476 Posts
Great pics! You captured the city really well. Too bad you didn't go to the Rum Runners, it is without a doubt PEI's best pub. Charlottetown has always reminded me a bit of Burlington, Vermont, not entirely sure why.

·
Sarcastic Caper
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I loved Charlottetown. After we left it the first time, my finacee and I were actually talking about whether we'd like living there. We concluded that we would, just depends on our careers.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I remember when I went to PEI a few years back :lovethem:

Definately the most beautiful and relaxing province in ALL of Canada... anyone who lives there should be proud that they do!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts