Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
12,737 Posts
I believe they do have plans for upgrades but not yet for another few years, when it will need some substantial mandatory maintenance, anyway. The school has been focusing on the rest of their campus of late.

·
Registered
517 Posts
This is my hometown stadium. It was modeled after the Marshall stadium (a fellow Southern Conference team at the time) and designed so that they could build an upper deck on the north side if the Mocs ever moved up to D-I (I doubt that will ever happen). The stadium was originally proposed so that preliminary round Olympic soccer matches could be played there during the Atlanta games, but Chattanooga was not selected. It's a nice stadium that was built in a rundown part of town. There hasn't been the same kind of redevelopment in that area that downtown and the north shore have seen, but the game day experience is pretty good.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Is the baseball stadium in a better location?
Yes. The ballpark is a block off the riverfront and within 5 minutes of dozens of bars and restaurants. Finley is far better suited for tailgating though.

FYI, the ballpark was built on the site of an old high school football stadium and is hemmed in by the highway on one side and the hillside on the others. The seating bowl is irregular as a result.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yes. The ballpark is a block off the riverfront and within 5 minutes of dozens of bars and restaurants. Finley is far better suited for tailgating though.

FYI, the ballpark was built on the site of an old high school football stadium and is hemmed in by the highway on one side and the hillside on the others. The seating bowl is irregular as a result.

Believe it or not, the new ownership of the AA Chattanooga Lookouts, have said that AT&T Field has about 5-6 years of usefulness left. There has been talk of a replacement ballpark being built on the southside of Chattanooga on the abandoned site of an old steel mill. Huge mistake if that location is selected. Downtown is where the Lookouts should remain.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts