SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Fly Nashville!
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down to the city in the valley yesterday, and while getting chased out of town by thunderstorms, had a fantastic time! Plan to go back next weekend and explore EVEN MORE of that hardly seen city on here. Did the usual touristy things like Rock City and Lookout Mountain, but also did some small explorations of downtown. More of that next weekend though. Gathered a few pics for everyone, hope you likey!

From my site www.pbase.com/lexyky

Downtown Scenes

From Lookout Mountain's north slope

Lookout Mountain and Ruby Falls Cave

Looking up from below Ruby Falls over 1,100 feet below ground.

Ruby Falls' 146 foot drop.

Downtown from the Ruby Falls Visitor Center.

Inside the center.

"See Rock City"

"Smell Rock City"

WHOA!!!!

Lovers Leap

High Falls

180 degree view from Lovers Leap that shows the states of Tennessee, North Carolina, and Georgia (in that order). Chattanooga downtown is on the far left.

Fairyland Caverns

Inside the "cavern"

At our eatery the "Pickle Barrel".

Told you we got chased out of town by thunderstorms.....

·
Amurika!
1,136 Posts
Absolutely awesome! Chattanooga is by far my favorite city in the South. I only live about 90 miles south of there, and I'd rather spend my free time there than Atlanta or Birmingham.

I've always been impressed with the way Chattanooga has turned itself around.

Thanks!

·
Fly Nashville!
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Evan, it was my pleasure. The last time I was in Chattanooga was when I was in my early teens', like 10 or 12 years old. So being that I live only an hour and a half up the road from it and its been forever...a trip to the city was only natural. I loved it. And like I said, plan to make a return trip next weekend for more pics!

·
Amurika!
1,136 Posts
Did you get to ride the Incline? If not, you should definately do that when you go back. That, and the swinging bridge at Rock City, kink my colon up for weeks, but totally worth it. :D It was that bridge that brought forward my fear of heights. heh.

·
Fly Nashville!
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Evan said:
Did you get to ride the Incline? If not, you should definately do that when you go back. That, and the swinging bridge at Rock City, kink my colon up for weeks, but totally worth it. :D It was that bridge that brought forward my fear of heights. heh.

I have done both of them twice in my lifetime. The swinging bridge is pictured in this thread.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Been to Chattanooga many times, and always appreciate the beauty and the layout of this mid-sized Southern city. The last cloud shot is absolutely awesome!

·
Amurika!
1,136 Posts
Lexy said:
Evan, it was my pleasure. The last time I was in Chattanooga was when I was in my early teens', like 10 or 12 years old. So being that I live only an hour and a half up the road from it and its been forever...a trip to the city was only natural. I loved it. And like I said, plan to make a return trip next weekend for more pics!

Yeah, 30 years ago, it was a broken down, crumbling old industrial city. It was the epitome of decay, but how times change. It is one of the most incredible rises from the ashes I personally can think of in the modern South.

That city and everyone in it, deserves every ounce of glory they get.

·
Registered
258 Posts
thanks for the wonderful photos. would you be able to show us any photos of the historic neighborhoods in chattanooga? i haven't been there since the early 70's,
and i would love to see what is happening in the old core of the city these days.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Great photos! My wife, a friend and I went there for a couple days in January 2005. We just wanted to go to the aquarium, lookout mtn., etc.

It was my first time in Chattanooga where I didn't just drive through on my way to someplace else. I liked the city and the aquarium, and would be happy to go back (we had dinner on the mountain, but were too late to do anything else).

I have some photos, but I think yours are much better. If I find any that stand out (I took most with a cell phone) I'll post them.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Absolutely stunning work, Lexy. Chattanooga is a very picturesque city; I've got to make it a priority to get over there sometime in the near future.

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
Very nice! Gotta love those looooong panoramas!
Chattanooga, TN seems like a great Appalachian town :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts