SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 8934 Posts

·
unBANNED
4,165 Posts
Chennai isthe 4th city in India and the gateway to the South and is thriving nowadays especially because of the IT boom. Although not known for high rises it has some interesting buildings from the British raj times to modern ones plus the ever famous Pallava architecture from the nearby historic Mahabalipuram village. Chennai is a good blend of tradition and modernity..plus relatively less poluted and greener !

·
unBANNED
4,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers :cheers:

Here are some thoughts.. pictures that are missing

rippon building
the universities and colleges.. ie anna presidency loyola
nehru stadium
chepauk cricket stadium
aquatic complex
ATP tennis stadium
valluvarkottam
many of the IT headquarter buildings
shopping malls
anna smadi, beach etc

Why dont they have the habit of taking good visual records of building in Chennai ??? :bash:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Suncity said:
I think that's a national habit. They only take photographs of flowers, butterflies,temples and themselves.
i think i should make pictures of india next time i visit the place. I am going in december to visit my tata & pati in hyderabad

·
unBANNED
4,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nithin said:
i think i should make pictures of india next time i visit the place. I am going in december to visit my tata & pati in hyderabad
Cool. It would be fantastic if they are digital photos. It is so easy to upload etc and the quality fantastic. Also taking note of where and when you took the pic plus some info about the building etc would be great..

Good luck :cheers1:

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Hey Nithin, while you're there, try rounding up some India-based architecture enthusiasts (preferably with digital cameras and a will to commute ;)) and show em ssc :)

·
unBANNED
4,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
muzic_lover2981 said:
[COLOR=Blue]undefinedwow, it was great pic eventhough their building are not high rise building!!! still beautiful!![/COLOR]
very true music lover. I wish the Govt would restore some of the older buildings in Chennai as there are plenty of them and are not beeing looked after. Also if they improve th public transportation, roads, and make pavements pedestrian friendly, it could indeed be a beautiful city with its own flavour

·
28,356 Posts
Fusionist said:
very true music lover. I wish the Govt would restore some of the older buildings in Chennai as there are plenty of them and are not beeing looked after. Also if they improve th public transportation, roads, and make pavements pedestrian friendly, it could indeed be a beautiful city with its own flavour
That's universal across all Indian cities and towns..

·
unBANNED
4,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Suncity ?

You seem to have travelled a lot right across India ? You have a fantastic collection of pics of many a city. Cool :)

·
28,356 Posts
Fusionist said:
Suncity ?

You seem to have travelled a lot right across India ? You have a fantastic collection of pics of many a city. Cool :)
I have travelled quite a bit in India. But those pics aren't mine. They are from the net. So you have to appreciate the people who took them.

·
28,356 Posts
nithin said:
but wherre do you live actually suncity?? Tell something of your background.
Is that really important?

Part of the time in the Markin Yuktarashtra and part of the time in Mera Bharat Mahaan every year.

1 - 20 of 8934 Posts