Skyscraper City Forum banner
4221 - 4240 of 9617 Posts

·
Saran Vijay
1 Posts
Yesterday With my Friend Gone to PMC Very Nice Entrances.....No Parking Fee Since its Newly Inaugurated(I Don't Know How Many Days without Parking Fee...?),Parking In Basement Level 2,Its Not So Easy to Go....Entering into Basement Was Really Dangerous Since it was Having Both Cars and Bikes At a Time....(Separate Entrances only For Bike was in Work?...!),

Parking In Basement Level 1

1.Oxygen Level is Too Low...But Some How u can Manage....:eek:hno:
2.Parking Is Utterly Sophisticated Separation of Cars and Bike?
3.Some Places Having Lower Roofs u can Clearly Hit your Head
4.Signage, Notification Boards are Not Clearly Identify...:nuts:
5.Lower Roofs

Underground Level UG Level - 2

1. Many Shops are yet to Opened?
2. Signage, Notification Boards are Not Clear...
3. no:2 or 3 Sitting Rails Are Found But its Not Nice
4. Flooring color Nice But It Needs Design....
5. High Roofs Create Some Atrium Feel....
6. Escalators Very Nice With Neat Finish..But it Could Be Broader..:lol:
7. I Not Found Any Toilet and Signage Too Here?

Ground Level GL Level - 3

1. Neatly Finished Corridors Excellent Entrances....I Think So it Has Four or Three Entrances....
2. 5 to 7 or 8 Shops Yet to Be Opened?
3. A Touch Screen Help Desk Kept Near One of the Entrances Closer to Escalator....(But One?):bash:...
4. Here Too Not Found Any Toilet and Signage Too Here?....:eek:hno:

First Floor FL Level - 4

1. Neatly Finished Corridors,But No Signage Boards Found Especially Fire Exit...(I Think Outside u Found Some Staircase with Steel Rails are Purposely Kept for Emergency I think So!....?:nuts:
2. Same as No Toilet and Signage Too Here?:lol:...
3. Some Shops yet to be Opened 3 To 5
4. Escalator Position Changed....

Second Floor SF Level - 5

1. Neatly Finished Corridors With Excellent Art Structure of Each Shop Entrances....
2. Steel or Metal Rails Found in Roof Hmm Some Wat K.....But Not Nice
3. LUXE yet to be Opened But Entrances i Found Its Position From Outside From Main Entrances Straight Top....To 2 Floor Near Escalator :banana:
4. LUXE Completed its Full Structure inside, Testing is Going On...But Outside its Pending...?

5. Here only i Found Toilet and Signage Board...Very Neat And Finish ...Grain ate Stones With Yellow Tiles.... Similar To Sathyam or S2 Perambur...

6. Waiting to See As soon AS Booking Opening For Kadal and other Release...Likely To be Opened on 1 or 2 Week Of Feb Only Outside Work is Pending....Covered With Ad Sheets...

7. Its 9 + 1 Imax Screen....Totally 10 Screen Multiplex.....

8. From The Entrances Left Side 2 Small Screens Like Escape in EA,Followed By 5 Screens Similar to (Streak Screen in EA) Top Side Straight From Entrances, Right Side 2 Screens And Middle Corner Is Imax...Center is Lobby/Box Office/Ticking Counter Etc....

Overall i not Found any Dust Bins Or Can in the mall....In Future They Need So!....?

Yesterday Was Very Crowed With Local Area Peoples nearly By Velachery....

It Was Very Nice Experiences Yesterday.....

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Night pics of PMC courtesy ...

Thanks for the pics! :cheers:

A HP store! A few years ago this wouldn't have been possible anywhere in India because people mostly used desktops and most brought assembled ones or a few cheap brands. Now with laptops and touch devices, the "assembled" concept is gone at least in cities and popular brands are opening up stores.

·
Forza!
3,468 Posts
Glad that Chennai now has two 2 million sq. feet malls! :cheers: I think the pent up demand for malls in Chennai have really helped to create lots of malls in the past 2 or 3 years.
Two? Where? Thought this was the first, and even this was not certain...

·
Smooooth.
1,200 Posts
^^ Phoenix Market City looks like the "standard" malls that you find all over the US - the planning, design, "connecting bridges", glass parapet walls, store structures, decorations, motifs etc. :cheers:

You're right. I thought the same as soon as I saw the Glass safety restraints along the upper floors, connecting bridges, and the overall construction.

This is the classic American "Urban Mall" design. Used in heavily populated areas.
The other style of mall construction that we may never see in India are the strip malls - seen in places with low population density, where large enough properties are available.

·
Registered
66 Posts
^^ Phoenix Market City looks like the "standard" malls that you find all over the US - the planning, design, "connecting bridges", glass parapet walls, store structures, decorations, motifs etc. :cheers:

Phoenix mall was awesome

ChennaiIndian is 100% right its exactly a plan more like the US malls . I can compare it little bit with Newport Pall in Jersey city . Cant believe these guys got this much space

I took my parents with me they have been in hyderabad enjoying the mall culture long back , this is truely world class , it impressed most of the people

Its a boon for the New South Chennai . Lot of good faces too in the mall :)

And you need to know good hindi if u want to order quick :)

This mall will definitely bring more attraction to chennai's outsiders who feel shopping is a major difficulty as of now

Regarding some of the review on parking
1) it seemed ok in levels like P2 . Oxygen is not bad compared to some malls in Hyd or Pune

2) Its easy to enter the mall from parking and there is lot of space to park the car

3 )Restrooms are there in corner but as someone said here its signage is difficult to track .

4) Restrooms in top floor had some water leakage issues .But i feel this was due to the overcrowding in food courts

The foreign performers on Saturday were happy with the accolades they got . I really liked the balcony to view things . Lot of greenery infront so no pollution once u are in . Certainly a big thing as chennai has more congestion . Rajdhani seemed not open on saturday itself .

Overall a great boon to chennai and also a mall which is going to bring more cosmo and international look and chennaites can be proud of it .

·
21,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,230 ·
Ippadi oru mall OMR, GST la eppo varum :drool:

EA and PMC stands alone compared to cheap malls in other cities! Both malls looks like for upper middle class and rich.

But few more malls like Spencer, Ampa Skywalk is needed for middle class too to avoid the T.nagar congestion.

Such malls are needed at suburbans like Tambaram, Sholinganallur, Poonamallae, Avadi etc.,

·
Registered
66 Posts
one more thing to add to my post

This is also attracting old people as well . Due to the connectivity it has .

The road infront is the one which sees more bus services in recent times .

My dad on sunday left the car and just went in bus and roamed around to just experience it for second time . The best part here is u can use buses here , A/C , deluxe etc .

But traffic increased in 100 feet road and Velachery Main Road junction .

Advice to drivers heading south from mall in evening after 7pm . Use Velachery main road although it doesnt have medians as its easy to cross the vijayanagar junction . Dont drive via 100 feet road and get stuck in traffic near vijayanagar jn.

Its a big boon for people in Pallikaranai who are moving in more recently as its easy to exit and reach madipakkam or pallikaranai more easily than going into ur house in velachery .

Use buses if u could and avoid cars if u are going for a movie in evening . Late night exit its better to use cars as bus frequency drops after 9 in these areas

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Ippadi oru mall OMR, GST la eppo varum :drool:

EA and PMC stands alone compared to cheap malls in other cities! Both malls looks like for upper middle class and rich.

But few more malls like Spencer, Ampa Skywalk is needed for middle class too to avoid the T.nagar congestion.

Such malls are needed at suburbans like Tambaram, Sholinganallur, Poonamallae, Avadi etc.,
Vadapalanila innum konja maasathila forum open panneeduvanga .....then there's grand mall ....atha thavira arun excello and gold souk ,ozone and marg junction malls are in the pipelinela ...so in 3-5 years we can expect several more malls ....:)

·
Krishna
7,998 Posts
Instead of those big retail stores like Saravana stores moving into malls, those big retail shop should be moved out to good location with improved facilities and shopping experience for the public.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Two Wheeler Parking [email protected]

With Nearly 60-70% Shops only open- They are already declaring that Two Wheeler Parking is full and asking to move. There is no nearby parking available any where.

Wonder what would be situation once LUXE Opens. and where do people park their two wheeler if PMC Says it is full and we already booked our tickets.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Vadapalanila innum konja maasathila forum open panneeduvanga .....then there's grand mall ....atha thavira arun excello and gold souk ,ozone and marg junction malls are in the pipelinela ...so in 3-5 years we can expect several more malls ....:)
:lol::lol::lol::lol: Gold souk a 2007 lernthu construct panranga its already in the 7th year and might take another 7 years. I am hearing Arun Excello for more than 3 years atleast.

Btw i have heard Jeyachandran is coming up in Tambaram very shortly (can some one confirm?) Stores like Jeyachandran, Reliance Trends, GRT, Naaiha will rule the retail experience in GST. Growth of Tambaram is amazing and very fast.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Buses need to moved to MRTS asap .

if MTC and monorail come under same group , i dont know why they cant implement it

regarding bridge they have started removing service road to expand the 100 ft road , so work may start soon

kick sutherland out more problems solved

4221 - 4240 of 9617 Posts