Arihant Nitco park (office)

Ega Trade Centre (office)

Arihant Galaxy

Sapna Trade Centre (office)

·
unBANNED
4,165 Posts
kshatriya said:
Nice stuff there...I somehow don't want Chennai to develop a big skyline though.
why ???

nice pics btw theguy.. glad t osee that Chennai is on the move atlast. But the problem is Chennai is so vast that a mid rise density is still a pipe dream. Why aren't the buiness sctor interested in high rise in Chennai.. ? why is the residential sector leading the way ? any ideas

G

·
Wow nice pics. Never knew Singara Chennai had all these projects.But Chennai faces a really acute water shortage. Any idea about what the builders are going to do.

·
unBANNED
4,165 Posts
indian said:
Wow nice pics. Never knew Singara Chennai had all these projects.But Chennai faces a really acute water shortage. Any idea about what the builders are going to do.
Welcome to the forum Indian. Are you a Chennaite ?

I somewhere heard about some allocation in budget for a hydro plant or something like that to be built near Chennai to quench the thirst. Any info on it ?

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
the guy.... I really like these new projects coming up in Chennai. Entrance to Jains Eiffeltowers complex looks classy. Keep them coming.

G

·
Fusionist said:
Welcome to the forum Indian. Are you a Chennaite ?

I somewhere heard about some allocation in budget for a hydro plant or something like that to be built near Chennai to quench the thirst. Any info on it ?
Thank you .Well actually I m not a Chennaite. I m in Canada. Although I do have a lot of relatives over there. I visited Chennai last in Sept 2003. So I do know about the problems. About the water problem, i heard that Ms Jayalalitha made rain water harvesting compulsury. I don't know whether it is true or not.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hindustani the eiffel garden is complete and actually looks better when seen in person ,but the greenery surrounding it is all fake,the area is very dense n congested

·
unBANNED
4,165 Posts
theguy said:
hindustani the eiffel garden is complete and actually looks better when seen in person ,but the greenery surrounding it is all fake,the area is very dense n congested
Very true. I think the architects need to make realistic renderings of the surroundings aswell to give the image some authenticity. We don't live in Utopia !

·
His Royal Highness
1,094 Posts
Metro spreading.....Chennai network to cost 5800 cr.

Metro rail to cost Rs 5800 cr: DMRC

PTI[ TUESDAY, AUGUST 10, 2004 08:49:25 PM ]

CHENNAI: The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has submitted to the Tamil Nadu Government a feasibility report for a metro rail system in Chennai with an estimated cost of Rs 5,800 crore for phase one.

"The Tamil Nadu Government had evinced interest in building metro rail system in Chennai like the Delhi model and asked DMRC to prepare a feasibility report," DMRC Managing Director E Sreedharan said speaking at a function here.

"After conducting necessary surveys and studies we submitted a report for a metro network of three corridors with a total length of 68 kms and we are awaiting the response from the State Government," he said.

He said the first corridor would have a distance of 32.5 kms, in which 8.5 km was underground and the 13.5 km long second corridor would be a fully elevated project.

He said the cost has been worked out to be Rs 5,800 crore for the phase one covering both the corridors and the project could be completed in six years.

On funding for the project, he said 40 per cent cost should be borne by both the state and Central Governments and the remaining money could be borrowed from the market.

"This is a viable project and the state Government's share will be around Rs 1,200 crore spanning over six years. We have suggested to the Government to float a special purpose vehicle like in Delhi Metro and Konkan projects", Sreedharan said.

We are planning similar projects in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Kolkata and Ahmedabad. For the first time in the country, we are creating an underground system underneath a river (Hoogli) in Kolkata, he said.

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Great!!! I like that. After Delhi... its Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad & Ahmedabads turn to get Metro. It will help a great deal & will definitely ease up the traffic.

1 - 20 of 2889 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.