SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered User.
2,249 Posts
Great pics SRG. I haven't been in that area in some time. I know that there are several lofts being put up in the Cherry Street area.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah all of the construction is pretty crazy. The next 80 or so pics are of just that.

I'm glad though that The Mix proposal died. Infill on ACTUAL Cherry Street isn't at all necessary, since the old buildings there are what gives it it's character that made it popular in the first place.

·
Registered User.
2,249 Posts
True, but from what i've seen on the lofts, it's putting some modern taste into Cherry Street. They're real nice looking, hip and modern.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Infill in Cherry Street is a really good thing but there is no reason for an entire block of those historic storefronts and restaurants to be demolished so that even less living space can be built over it.

·
Registered User.
2,249 Posts
I agree. But I do think modern development is a big thing for Cherry Street and needs to be pursued even further.

·
President of Catan
2,282 Posts
Yeah. It looks good now, but could be even better if those parking lots were filled in some more. Even though there are dense rows of stores and condos, it still has a feeling of low density cause of the lots.

·
Registered User.
2,249 Posts
Thanks SRG, pics are looking real good.

I was over in that part of town yesterday and I noticed that one of these were hidden behind a couple old shops, you have to be at a certain point on the road to see them. I think it may have been this one.

·
lagom
1,537 Posts
Has anyone received word on what is going in on the corner of Utica and 14th and Troost? A friend of mine told me another condo building with retail on ground level.
They have finished demolishing the structures and its being prepped.

·
Registered User.
2,249 Posts
Nope, I don't know what that is.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
looks like a very non descript industrial street like something you would see in suburban NJ. What is the appeal? The lofts u/c look good though.

·
Registered User.
2,249 Posts
looks like a very non descript industrial street like something you would see in suburban NJ. What is the appeal? The lofts u/c look good though.
Cherry Street has some historic signifigance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts