1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10,022 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Kids in the riot said:
i think they've been on the developments page for some time now, if you want more info check out: http://www.askdevelopments.com/projects/
some good midrises to add to the skyline.
Impressed with the Whitworth Streer West Towers opposite Deansgate Locks and they still manage to keep the City Road Inn. 26 stories aint bad but if they could go for another 43 storey type Crown Bldgs it would be more of a decent partner for the Beetham Tower. Still, looks good.

·
Like 'Berg'
6,753 Posts
Would be nice if the Chester Road tower (or something with its shape) for the city but over the 100m mark to contrast with these boxes..

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Out of these 3 proposals,, the Chester Rd one is my favourite, i think we could end up with a nice little cluster around this end of the city,and we dont know yet what Dandara,have planned yet for that site next to the Chester Rd roundabout.

·
Registered
94 Posts
highriser said:
we dont know yet what Dandara,have planned yet for that site next to the Chester Rd roundabout.
I do, or at least what could be going there ;)

With 2-4 Chester Road aswell there will be a cluster of new towers, great architecture (apart from citygate) and a significant building which will signify the gateway of the city.The Knott Mill and Chester Road area have been mentioned before by ISA with the Riverquay masterplan still bubbling under so Id watch out in the next 12 months as I can see things moving.

·
Registered
13,910 Posts
highriser said:
Out of these 3 proposals,, the Chester Rd one is my favourite, i think we could end up with a nice little cluster around this end of the city,and we dont know yet what Dandara,have planned yet for that site next to the Chester Rd roundabout.
I agree! Clippers Quay is nice too. Whitworth Street West doesnt look to great but the renders arnt fantastic so I'll reserve judgement.

BTW, very exciting news on this masterplan Subtract :)

·
Mmm, Danone
2,040 Posts
How long until 2-4 is revealed? You mentioned it was due any time about 3 months ago. I'm quite eager to see this, citygate is worse than I thought so we need something better for that gateway.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
I do like this Chester Road proposal. Very clean, sleek, and elegant. In a word: beautiful, which is what I think it's all about.

·
Less is more.
6,210 Posts
Farsight said:
I do like this Chester Road proposal. Very clean, sleek, and elegant. In a word: beautiful, which is what I think it's all about.

Yep I really like it too, only thing is..on that pic it looks like its gonna go where that small row of council houses are now, they are slightly set back but nevertheless they would defo have to go if this was going up, however in this other pic it looks like its going where Tom Garners is now, anyone know if TG is closing anytime soon, it may be, I used to deliver cars there and last time I went in it was pretty shabby so maybe theyre just bideing their time or something. Anyway I wonder if this tower gets built where exactly it will be?

·
Less is more.
6,210 Posts
my mistake, it is at Tom Garners on the first pic aswell sorry guys, had a closer look..those Georgian looking houses in the pic are very similar to some others further up Chester Rd I got them mixed up.. :bash:

·
Registered
94 Posts
dgnr8 said:
How long until 2-4 is revealed? You mentioned it was due any time about 3 months ago. I'm quite eager to see this, citygate is worse than I thought so we need something better for that gateway.
Tell me about it! theres been a slight hitch with 2-4 (nothing major), if you look at this weeks NW Insider magazine you'll see an ad and the new image of 2-4. ISA are not as yet allowed to release the new renders but this one was appoved.

I stare at Citygate quite a few times in the day and have a few mates that live there, tbh its should be levelled in my opinion and hopefully when the cranes creep up onto Chester Rd and Knott Mill that peice of shit will be in the shadows ;)

·
wind-up merchant
15,971 Posts
Sorry I am still trying to work out where this is. Will it be near that church that was done up or is it over the Motorway?

·
wind-up merchant
15,971 Posts
Thanks I've worked it out now. I think I need to have a good walk round the city center, take some photo's etc, havent done that in months. Might be going town tonight so I'll see what I can do.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts