·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whoops, wondered why Chesterfield had never been mentioned in the East Midlands! Suppose it is in the Sheffield sphere!! Does that make it a commuter town!!!
Though it hasn't been updated recently, so at least my post are new!!!

·
17,967 Posts
Yes we've had the Chesterfield thread for many years. We haven't tried to claim it, it just falls under Sheffield city region and was the best place at the time.

That would be us again (Nottinghamshire). Though if you can find any development there, I'll be impressed! ;)

We did have an occasional worksop thread in the Sheffield forum years ago but as you say it really belongs here and yes there's no need to bother as the town is on its arse. Though it's supposed to be getting a Lidl so that will be the talk of the town if it happens :lol:

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
We did have an occasional worksop thread in the Sheffield forum years ago but as you say it really belongs here and yes there's no need to bother as the town is on its arse. Though it's supposed to be getting a Lidl so that will be the talk of the town if it happens :lol:
It got a new cinema back in 2012 which actually looks alright, not sure if there are other highlights, haven't been in years.

It does have Welbeck Farm Shop on the outskirts though which is absolutely ace. It's a complete contrast to Worksop town centre and has art galleries and artisan food producers on site!

·
17,967 Posts
Yeah, I'm in Worksop a lot as I'm originally from there (for my sins) The Welbeck estate is absolute class. Not much has changed in the town, the cinema has been around for a while now and is still pretty decent. The town is getting a new Asda store and had a new Morrisons several years ago. Apart from supermarkets and road improvements theres not a great deal going on, but may consider starting a thread for the town anyway just in case.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts