Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
108 North State Street, also known as Block 37, is a star-crossed tract of long-vacant land in the heart of Chicago's Loop. It is bounded by State on the East, Dearborn on the West, Randolph to the North, and Washington to the South. The ambitious mixed-used project includes an already-topped out CBS2 Broadcast Center (17 floors), a retail center, a condo tower, a hotel, and an underground CTA station providing express service to O'Hare Airport.

What Block 37 looked like before demolition in 1989 (corner of State and Randolph):

Renderings have been cryptic and scarce, and it is still unknown exactly what the hotel and condo will look like:

The CBS2 Broadcast Center, which will have a street-level television studio:

Construction photos:
CBS2 Broadcast Center (all by Retrograde):

All By ambient:

·
BAMMED
263 Posts
Something smells a bit fishy here -- this is a huge project halfway through construction, and the homepage got pulled down. They must be changing a few plans.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Something smells a bit fishy here -- this is a huge project halfway through construction, and the homepage got pulled down. They must be changing a few plans.
They original developers went into cost overruns before they even started the project...I think they have switched developers or something...dont quote me on that!

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
how is there a huge project being built in the middle of a city and nobody knows what the hell it is?
That seems very weird.
Does anyone know hight or floors or anything? :?

·
muted
7,080 Posts
Two recent news items:

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/cgi-bin/mag/article.pl?article_id=28595

Apple eyes roost on State Street
IPod maker among retailers in Block 37 talks

By Eddie Baeb

Apple Inc. aims to put down roots on State Street as part of the Block 37 project.

Joseph Freed & Associates LLC, the Palatine-based developer of the retail and residential portion of the project, is in talks with Apple, as well as a host of other higher-end retailers including Coach, Puma, J. Crew and Zara, sources familiar with the plans say.

www.chicagotribune.com/business/chi-wed_block37oct31,0,1546449.story

Theater a coming attraction at Block 37
By Sandra M. Jones

Tribune staff reporter

October 31, 2007

A luxury movie house is headed for the Loop.

Muvico Entertainment LLC signed a letter of intent to open an 800-seat, seven-screen movie complex at 108 N. State St., also known as Block 37, Michael Whalen, president and chief executive of the Ft. Lauderdale-based company, told the Tribune on Tuesday...

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
^^ Do we really need another theater in that area? Granted it's a movie theater, not a stage theater, but still. Sounds way too expensive..I'd never go, but I guess there's a market for it. I'd rather go to Three Penny. :-]

·
Loyola University
907 Posts
I would move there is I had the money.... :lol:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts