SkyscraperCity Forum banner
6961 - 6980 of 10504 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
How on earth are they going to fill this thing? There arent' that many rich people in Chicago...
Thats what I first thought - theres 1,100 or so apartments in it - but estate agents Savills have been putting on 3 day events in a number of countries to promote it and bring in foreign buyers.

Events in Ireland, South Africa, East Asia and London have meant that they've already managed to sell 30% of apartments

Not bad!

·
Always looking up
1,824 Posts
If they made it more affordable, it would be built for the locals.
If they made it more affordable they couldn't afford to build it! You're forgetting it is being built privately with no gov't funding unlike many other large buildings around the world.

·
Registered
279 Posts
If they made it more affordable, it would be built for the locals.

Trust me, there are a lot of people here who can afford to live in this building. You wouldn't guess it because here, people don't flaunt their money like people in some other places do. That's one reason why i love Chicago, we're reserved and classy. :cheers:

·
Architect
4,437 Posts
Trust me, there are a lot of people here who can afford to live in this building. You wouldn't guess it because here, people don't flaunt their money like people in some other places do. That's one reason why i love Chicago, we're reserved and classy. :cheers:
You are referring to people of Dubai, aren't you. :lol:

·
Registered
834 Posts
or NEW YORK!!
but seriously if you calculate the average price for each unit, to make a decent profit the average price has to be well over $2.5million per unit.
$3billion/1200=$2.5million
so lets say they want to make about 250 million off this project
$3.25billion/1200=$2.7million per unit!!! yikes better start saving:)

i think thats right someone do the math again its 2am here in L.A. and im tired, studying for my geology final. funny we had an earthquake last tuesday and our test is on earthquakes and geophysics :lol:

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
but seriously if you calculate the average price for each unit, to make a decent profit the average price has to be well over $2.5million per unit.
$3billion/1200=$2.5million
so lets say they want to make about 250 million off this project
$3.25billion/1200=$2.7million per unit!!! yikes better start saving:)
2520 N Lakeview Avenue # 22P4, Chicago, IL 60614

Bedrooms: 4 Bathrooms: 4.1 Garage: 2
Square Ft: 7,068

Price: $12,444,096
--------------------------------

Im sure they could sell a 4 bedroom apartment like this at a high price: :D

:cheers:

6961 - 6980 of 10504 Posts