SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
And the NFL liked the game so much, that they started having a championship game every year. It's been all downhill since then.

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
That really was an impressive building for its time. The seating bowl was more like modern arenas, not the rectangular design with a stage that was prevalent in that era.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
Either putting together or taking apart the greatest basketball court the world has ever seen at the old Chicago Stadium. Home of the Chicago Bulls and Chicago Blackhawks.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Chicago Stadium must have been the best Pre World War II Indoor Arena in the world. This was the biggest and best designed of the NHL Original Six arenas, and I can't think of anything comparable anywhere.

If there is one Original Six building that should have been kept, this is it.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Chicago Stadium must have been the best Pre World War II Indoor Arena in the world. This was the biggest and best designed of the NHL Original Six arenas, and I can't think of anything comparable anywhere.

You sound like a Boston fan talking about the Garden lol but I agree it looked great. I heard it used to shake pretty bad but I bet it was worth it to hear that organ!

·
Banned
1,542 Posts

From what I've read, it was maintained much better and it was much cleaner compared to Boston Garden, which opened just a year earlier.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I managed to see a Bruins game at Boston Garden, never got to see a Blackhawks game at Chicago Stadium though! Always going to bother me I missed that.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts