Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A week ago I took some pictures from the CNA building(big red building near Michigan Ave and Grant park). The views are some of the best in Chicago IMO. I posted this in the Chicago forum, so I decided to post it here as well. Sorry for the bad lighting conditions and the windows were pretty dirty, but some pictures still turned out pretty good, so enjoy!

This triangular shaped building is actually a jail. You can see inmates on the roof area.

·
39,274 Posts
Great! The photos to the south show a new stadium along the lakefront. There seems to be a very old Greek or Roman style facade on the western edge of this building. What is it? Was there something there before that was destroyed?

In another photo (9th last) there are 2 black modernist blocks. Are they Mies Van der Rohe? They look very much like the TD Centre in Toronto and the Seagrams building in New York City.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Great! The photos to the south show a new stadium along the lakefront. There seems to be a very old Greek or Roman style facade on the western edge of this building. What is it? Was there something there before that was destroyed?
That's the infamous Soldier Field.

·
Registered
34 Posts
In another photo (9th last) there are 2 black modernist blocks. Are they Mies Van der Rohe? They look very much like the TD Centre in Toronto and the Seagrams building in New York City.
Yes isaidso - Mies designed those two building. They are part of the Federal Building Complex. The shorter of the two contains the Federal Courthouse.

·
In the bog.
7,918 Posts
Great pictures of Chicago, that vantage points reveals a bit more detail that is usually lost from the heights of the Sears and John Hancock.

And that prison, what possessed the authorities to build it there and at that height?!! :lol:

·
███████&
858 Posts
I love Chicago! Very very nice pictures. And a nice jail u have there. :lol:

These two buildings looks great. What is it? And from who?

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I think the building in the park was made by Gerhy.

Beautiful shots. Thanks. I love CHicago. I hope I can go there one day.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Damn jail for skyscraper-fans!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Wow.....Chicago is a very beautiful and photographic city. NYC is my favorite city in the US but Chicago has a much more beautiful and balanced skyline, IMO.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts