SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Good thing the inside of a stadium is more important then outside mop.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
Good thing the inside of a stadium is more important then outside mop.
It matters in ballparks. I assume you aren't familiar with the century old history of the steel and concrete ballparks, baseball in general, the ballpark this stadium replaced, former ballparks in Brooklyn, the Bronx, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, etcetera.

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
Since 2001, extensive renovations to New Comiskey Park were done to make the park more fan-friendly. One of which included the shaving of the top six rows of seating, reducing its capacity to 40,600 after being at an all-time high of 47,000 during 2003.

·
My Mind Has Left My Body
7,266 Posts
If they had just turned it 90 degrees in order for home plate to the northeast the views looking out on the skyline could have been awesome.

Better yet would have been to place it in the South Loop less then a mile south from downtown as there was talk about doing. Oh well......

·
Registered
340 Posts
New restaurant was added this year called Bacardi at the Park. You don't need a game ticket to get in. They are also building a new team store adjacent to the restaurant on 35th Street.

·
My Mind Has Left My Body
7,266 Posts
^^ Are you sure? I thought the only direction that was absolutely prohibited was a due west orientation. Wrigley faces a northeast direction so I don't see why The Cell couldn't.

·
Registered
18 Posts
in addition to the field orientation, jerry & eddie did not want the home plate access (for offices and expen$ive seating) to be down on 36th st. they wanted the proximity to 35th st. because of it's access to the dan ryan, the el and proximity to the north parking lot.
the entry ramps from the parking lot would have been in the far end of the grandstand instead of the infield, would be a long walk for all the luxury box'ers instead of jut the rf ones.
btw - the changes that were made decreased the #'s of cheaper seating and justified ticket price increases - real fan friendly eh?

1 - 20 of 105 Posts