SkyscraperCity Forum banner
41 - 60 of 116 Posts

· Registered
885 Posts
Horrible and boring stadium. They have some stupid policies there as stated above. I will add that I'm pretty sure they are breaking safety code with some of them. I went there summer of '12 with my father who walks with a cane and we were leaving early cuz the game was boring and we couldn't get to the lower level to any of the interesting concessions/bars. As we went to walk down the ramp this employee stops us and tells us we have to walk to far 3rd base ramp to go down. Mind you he said this to a man who can't walk without his cane, and could not provide us with A) and elevator location, or B) where we could find a manager to discuss the stupidity of their "operational policies."

Unless you're just trying to visit every stadium, skip this one. Underwhelming, nothing that makes it special. (And no, the twirly things on the scoreboard don't make it special)

· Registered
306 Posts
Horrible and boring stadium. They have some stupid policies there as stated above. I will add that I'm pretty sure they are breaking safety code with some of them. I went there summer of '12 with my father who walks with a cane and we were leaving early cuz the game was boring and we couldn't get to the lower level to any of the interesting concessions/bars. As we went to walk down the ramp this employee stops us and tells us we have to walk to far 3rd base ramp to go down. Mind you he said this to a man who can't walk without his cane, and could not provide us with A) and elevator location, or B) where we could find a manager to discuss the stupidity of their "operational policies."

Unless you're just trying to visit every stadium, skip this one. Underwhelming, nothing that makes it special. (And no, the twirly things on the scoreboard don't make it special)
I've visited about half of the current MLB parks, plus several that no longer exist and this one is my least favorite. Of course, I also had upper deck tickets and was barred from visiting the lower concourse offerings. Does anyone know the rationale behind this policy?

· Registered
355 Posts

I've visited about half of the current MLB parks, plus several that no longer exist and this one is my least favorite. Of course, I also had upper deck tickets and was barred from visiting the lower concourse offerings. Does anyone know the rationale behind this policy?
The policy sucks, but if you are visiting a stadium for the first time, how do you not do research about that stadium's policies? I don't get it.

· Registered
1,333 Posts

ONLY in Obama's America.

· Registered
355 Posts
You really read through fan guides and every single policy before visiting a stadium? Gimme a break...
Obviously, no. But I always look into the section or level where I might buy tickets. Sometimes areas are alcohol free. Sometimes they have obstructed views. And sometimes they don't allow you to access other parts of the stadium. You make it seem like you have to read some kind of pamphlet cover to cover. It's a simple google search.

· Captian Clutch
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Obviously, no. But I always look into the section or level where I might buy tickets. Sometimes areas are alcohol free. Sometimes they have obstructed views. And sometimes they don't allow you to access other parts of the stadium. You make it seem like you have to read some kind of pamphlet cover to cover. It's a simple google search.
A no-access to the lower level policy is pretty unheard of. Bleachers without access to the rest of the stadium? Sure. Nothing odd about that. In fact, quite common. But generally speaking, if you buy an upper deck ticket you can at the very least access the concourses on the lower level. It's a dumb policy, one that should be reversed, and also one that should be made abundantly clear before tickets are purchased with a pop-up warning or similar method. Can't expect everyone, least of all out of towners, to know this policy.

· Registered
355 Posts
A no-access to the lower level policy is pretty unheard of. Bleachers without access to the rest of the stadium? Sure. Nothing odd about that. In fact, quite common. But generally speaking, if you buy an upper deck ticket you can at the very least access the concourses on the lower level. It's a dumb policy, one that should be reversed, and also one that should be made abundantly clear before tickets are purchased with a pop-up warning or similar method. Can't expect everyone, least of all out of towners, to know this policy.
It says UPPER LEVEL ONLY on every upper level ticket. I'm pretty sure it is also stated on ticketmaster before you buy, as well.

Not that I agree at all with the policy. I think it's atrocious, and I noticed happily this past season it wasn't enforced for the most part. But if you don't do the slightest bit of research on a place you've never been to, and you pay no attention the restrictions on the ticket, it's hard to sympathize with anyone that complains.

And by the way, bleacher seats without access to the rest of the stadium is unheard of to me. I am assuming YS does that? That's probably something I would discover doing research on YS if I ever take a trip to NY for a game.

· Captian Clutch
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
It says UPPER LEVEL ONLY on every upper level ticket. I'm pretty sure it is also stated on ticketmaster before you buy, as well.

Not that I agree at all with the policy. I think it's atrocious, and I noticed happily this past season it wasn't enforced for the most part. But if you don't do the slightest bit of research on a place you've never been to, and you pay no attention the restrictions on the ticket, it's hard to sympathize with anyone that complains.

And by the way, bleacher seats without access to the rest of the stadium is unheard of to me. I am assuming YS does that? That's probably something I would discover doing research on YS if I ever take a trip to NY for a game.
It DOES NOT say that on print-at-home tickets, and there is no warning before purchase. It's discriminatory against out of towners. That's something that I wouldn't have even thought to have researched because it's so ridiculous and unheard of.

YS did it in the old stadium, as they were actually separate buildings. Wrigley currently does it, and I think Dodger Stadium as well. I don't think any of the newer parks do it, but it used to be quite common.

· Registered
355 Posts
It DOES NOT say that on print-at-home tickets, and there is no warning before purchase. It's discriminatory against out of towners. That's something that I wouldn't have even thought to have researched because it's so ridiculous and unheard of.

YS did it in the old stadium, as they were actually separate buildings. Wrigley currently does it, and I think Dodger Stadium as well. I don't think any of the newer parks do it, but it used to be quite common.
I don't use print at home tickets so I wouldn't know. I know 100% it's stated on actual ticketmaster tickets.

I know Wrigley does it, but since YS is new I assumed they didn't do that anymore. To me it's an old school thing that doesn't make sense anymore, and with the renovations at Wrigley they might be doing away with it but I'm not positive.

Point is, since neither of us know exactly what the policies are of stadiums across MLB, it's always best to check beforehand. But I agree with anyone that thinks the current 'upper deck only' policy at USCF absolutely sucks.

· Registered
11 Posts
Thankfully the bleacher/grandstand bar is for the most part gone from MLB. Wrigley allows those with bleacher tickets to access the rest of the stadium, but not the reverse (presumably to keep the bleachers from overcrowding since they're general admission). I went to US Cell this year and, while there was a sign saying "Lower Level Tickets Only" on the entrance to the concourse, no one ever checked my ticket.

Dodger Stadium, a long holdout, now allows anyone holding a bleacher ticket, first level ticket, or second level ticket to access the lower concourse (third and fourth deck tickets are still out of luck). New Yankee Stadium allows everyone to go everywhere but the club areas. Not sure if Fenway ever penned in the bleachers but you can go to and from now. Can't think of anywhere else where this would be an issue.

41 - 60 of 116 Posts