Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is a member? (Maybe we should have a meet there!)

I've been a member off and on for the last 5 years. Loved the old museum, though it did seem a bit rag-tag, and I love even more the new museum.

I've been up to the library, but never reproduced any of the pictures. Does anybody know what the procedure is like? I'd be reproducing for my own use. (Ideally, I want pictures of Lakeview in the 50s)

Thanks!

·
Urbane observer
1,549 Posts
The picture files contain single photos, which you can have reproduced for a fee (depends on potential use and size of print), and "ready prints," which you can buy on the spot and take with you. Basically, whenever the photo department reproduces a print, they make a couple extra copies and put them in the "ready print" file, so the most popular photos are generally what you find there.

Photos are organized by subject matter, but also a lot of them are filed by street. If you have ever seen the photo printed somewhere and have the iChi number, that can make things easier.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The picture files contain single photos, which you can have reproduced for a fee (depends on potential use and size of print), and "ready prints," which you can buy on the spot and take with you. Basically, whenever the photo department reproduces a print, they make a couple extra copies and put them in the "ready print" file, so the most popular photos are generally what you find there.

Photos are organized by subject matter, but also a lot of them are filed by street. If you have ever seen the photo printed somewhere and have the iChi number, that can make things easier.
Wow, thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts