SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
I love that last one.. Two of Chicago's greatest buildings -- the Sofitel and the Bristol -- interacting with each other like two new lovers. A romance made in heaven.

·
Have vision. Think big.
623 Posts
Cool pics. I need to get there to check it out. I'm in Toronto and have heard good things about the city, but haven't made the trip down. I especially want to know about the waterfront. Is it easily accessible and a nice place to go? It looks like it's all connected. It looks quite nice from those pics. What is there down by the water? Let me know if you can.

·
What'u smokin' Willis?
2,097 Posts
Very nice pics, though you always should tweak the contrast when shooting from JHC.

Example: Before

And After. The greyish discoloration is gone and the colors are far more vivid. An absolutely beautiful shot. The difference is even more apparent in the full size photo.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
camel_trainer said:
Cool pics. I need to get there to check it out. I'm in Toronto and have heard good things about the city, but haven't made the trip down. I especially want to know about the waterfront. Is it easily accessible and a nice place to go? It looks like it's all connected. It looks quite nice from those pics. What is there down by the water? Let me know if you can.
Definitely come between May and October (and between June and August if you want to go in the water and not freeze your ass off). There are 30 beaches along 20 miles of lakefront. It's pretty unique for a big city -- the lakefront is all parkland, beaches, and harbors -- all open to the public. And there's an uninterrupted bike trail along most (if not all) of it. Be sure to check out Oak Street Beach and North Avenue Beach.

·
Mainland Sea & Sky
6,242 Posts
Clear and nice shots!

CHICAGO is always full of endless charm and imagination ............

1 - 20 of 27 Posts